• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,918 posts in this topic

Which ones do you have?

177,178,181 and a few others...9.6

sterling! yay.gifkilling me like a slow death!!!! but i've got the pacific coast 9.4 HOS 81 smile.gif

Yeah, but if it was the copy on Heritage I saw me and the gang say it's OVERGRADED. We talked about it in some detail here when it was being offerred... I think you bought the other one...

Which ones do you have?

177,178,181 and a few others...9.6

sterling! yay.gifkilling me like a slow death!!!! but i've got the pacific coast 9.4 HOS 81 smile.gif

Yeah, but if it was the copy on Heritage I saw me and the gang say it's OVERGRADED. We talked about it in some detail here when it was being offerred... I think you bought the other one...

yeah, i bought mine three or four years ago....for $350! wouldn't mind seeing the return of those days again! grin.gif

but i've got the pacific coast 9.4 HOS 81 smile.gif

You have a scan? 893whatthe.gif

my scanner blows, but i'll have someone at the office scan it thursday and i'll post it thursday night. i suck at this - something sterling can testify to - so many apologies if the scan's too big, etc.

there are actually 2 pacific coast copies of HOS 81, both in 9.4 though.

I was satisfied with my nice 8.0. foreheadslap.gif Can't wait to see it. Do you have a nice House of Mystery 179 too?

I'd be interested to see what Sterling's and others' HOM 179 are like. I've got a pretty sharp raw copy, but probably only in the 9.0-9.2 range. I've never seen a nicer copy.

but i've got the pacific coast 9.4 HOS 81 smile.gif

You have a scan? 893whatthe.gif

my scanner blows, but i'll have someone at the office scan it thursday and i'll post it thursday night. i suck at this - something sterling can testify to - so many apologies if the scan's too big, etc.

there are actually 2 pacific coast copies of HOS 81, both in 9.4 though.

I was satisfied with my nice 8.0. foreheadslap.gif Can't wait to see it. Do you have a nice House of Mystery 179 too?

I'd be interested to see what Sterling's and others' HOM 179 are like. I've got a pretty sharp raw copy, but probably only in the 9.0-9.2 range. I've never seen a nicer copy.

I had a 7.0, but sold it awhile back. Do you have a scan of your copy? Finding a copy with nice colors and PQ is really hard too...

I had a 7.0, but sold it awhile back. Do you have a scan of your copy? Finding a copy with nice colors and PQ is really hard too...

That 179 is now in a GREAT home, October!!!!

Many thanks!

hi.gifthumbsup2.gifyay.gif

I probably sold that one too cheaply, but glad it went to someone who will enjoy it!

I probably sold that one too cheaply, but glad it went to someone who will enjoy it!

glad to know others think like that too! it's better to me to have one of my books go somewhere i know it's going to be loved (GASP!) than to make a few extra bucks. go october go! hail.gif

That sharp Witching Hour 38 you sold awhile back went to a good home too. wink.gif

Shoot me now for this off-topic question - i'm curious to see where my fellow BA horror nuts think that the swamp-like creature in phantom stranger 14 fits in to the swamp thing mythos? any thoughts?

Didn't that come out two or three months after HOS 92? Then again, so did HOM 195 and Overstreet breaks that one out. I guess you could consider all three issues Swamp Thing prototypes. confused-smiley-013.gif

I only had a raw 9.0 #179...totally stupid. I sold it for ~$90 or so... that issue would've EASILY graded 9.0 or 9.2....totally perfect QP... I did dry erase the back cover to clean it up...OW/W pages. Could sell that issue today for $400+ easily.

And gloss to die for. What the hell was I thinking?

I only had a raw 9.0 #179...totally stupid. I sold it for ~$90 or so... that issue would've EASILY graded 9.0 or 9.2....totally perfect QP... I did dry erase the back cover to clean it up...OW/W pages. Could sell that issue today for $400+ easily.

When did you sell that again? frown.gif

~ 16 months ago. eBay. Actually lost money on it as I paid ~ $130 on it. I think I bought it from Kevin Boyd, a CGC forumite, from eBay in 2002 or so. Of all the books to send to CGC, this was a no brainer. live and learn.

Excuse me while I go vomit. crazy.gif

Shoot me now for this off-topic question - i'm curious to see where my fellow BA horror nuts think that the swamp-like creature in phantom stranger 14 fits in to the swamp thing mythos? any thoughts?

I think that issue will get the credit it deserves. Does OS recognize this issue as a Swampy prototype?

I'm currently shocked at how the PS books go for either very reasonable money or completely nuts. It's a secondary title for me so I'll grab 'em when they are reasonable.

~ 16 months ago. eBay. Actually lost money on it as I paid ~ $130 on it. I think I bought it from Kevin Boyd, a CGC forumite, from eBay in 2002 or so. Of all the books to send to CGC, this was a no brainer. live and learn.

Excuse me while I go vomit. crazy.gif

No need to. I've done it already. On a good note, I saved money by switching my car insurance to Geico.