• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,946 posts in this topic

This is the first time I have been on this thread. I must admit I didn't like the poll on PG 1.

It was missing many selections.

Here are just a few I can think of

Swampthing

Manthing

Ghost Rider

Marvel Spotlight

I don't remember seeing Creepy either

Needless to say I had to modify what my favorites were based on what was there.

This is kinda dissapointing.

You've been a busy beaver lately. After 4+ years I still haven't completed any Bronze Age Horror title, except for Doorway to Nightmare. Whoptie do. However, I'm looking for a certified set so that is a little tougher. I'd love to see your WMT 21.

The Joe Kubert collection is kinda cool...I've had a book or two from that collection. I'm not sure if CGC recognizes that on the label though.

I must admit I didn't like the poll on PG 1.

Hey, we aren't perfect. To be honest...superheroes masquerading as horror didn't really register with me, which is why they weren't included. I also didn't include mags b/c to be honest they were not on my radar at the time. Maybe an improved poll in the poll section is in order. When I think of horror I usually think of anthology formats...I made an exception for the Marvel/Universal classic monsters. C'est la vie.

So, any contribution to this thread, or was this just an opportunity to vent?

Here's a question: Who knows of any stories "behind the stories" in regards to the editors and artists of ba horror? I'd love to hear 'em and any cited sources. Shep has ton in his research of war and I'd like to start accumulating that for generations to come.

You've been a busy beaver lately. After 4+ years I still haven't completed any Bronze Age Horror title, except for Doorway to Nightmare. Whoptie do. However, I'm looking for a certified set so that is a little tougher. I'd love to see your WMT 21.

The Joe Kubert collection is kinda cool...I've had a book or two from that collection. I'm not sure if CGC recognizes that on the label though.

Just for you Sterling!!

DSCN3431.jpg

Thought I'd add #22 as well..... love it!!

DSCN3432.jpg

good stuff...odd how they either have extremely good or bad QP... all look to be VF+ or better....nice corners on those. You did good thumbsup2.gif

Thanks.... what's QP? Excuse my ignorance!!

Beyonder's term: Quality of Production...alignment of the cover in most cases. See the copies with a bunch of white on the left? (#18) That's poor QP. #12 is so bad that the issue number is totally off the page. Good QP: #19.

I didn't really care about QP until Beyonder brought it up. Now I'm getting pickier.

good stuff...odd how they either have extremely good or bad QP... all look to be VF+ or better....nice corners on those. You did good thumbsup2.gif

Thanks.... what's QP? Excuse my ignorance!!

Beyonder's term: Quality of Production...alignment of the cover in most cases. See the copies with a bunch of white on the left? (#18) That's poor QP. Good QP: #19.

Understood, thanks for explaining. You are right and I noticed that as well. I thought you meant quality of the picture.... that's just my old digi camera coupled with my wobbly holding & poor light. They actually look a lot better in the flesh, so to speak!