• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

I'll pick up some readers and let ya know what I think...some of these covers are pretty good, and the few issues I picked up as a kid were pretty creepy too (I usually just didn't like the cheap paper and some of the art--but by the time I picked up my copies around 1977 or so they were decidedly going downhill).

Sorry, still haven't figured out how to post scans but I recently purchased a beautiful Weird Mystery Tales #2 which has a Titanic cover/story. It's worth putting up if anybody has one. Great cover. ------Sid

The first 2 issues of Chilling Adventures in Sorcery that used Archie characters. "As told by Sabrina"

Oops, sorry for double post foreheadslap.gif

589a8c148ec0f_475550-ChillingAdventures01.jpg.e48e528ede30e32a32385977c91992a6.jpg

Edited by Jayman

Thanks Shiver, you are the Bronze Horror Man! Hey, I was wondering what you thought of the original EC comics (Tales From The Crypt, Vault Of Horror, etc)? I know they pre-date our books by 20 years but I believe they pioneered the short-story horror format that DC emulated later on (as well as many others). The art and stories are fantastic in those books. Of course they are harder to collect and much more expensive. Just wondering about yours and the others thoughts about the EC books in comparison to the Bronze DC anthologies. -----Sid

Keep them coming! I have really enjoyed this thread. I only wish I had more to contribute here. frown.gif Unforturnately I only have some Marvel psuedo-horror titles and my oddball one-shots. Here is the only Horror comic put out by Skywald-

Heap_1.jpg

Edited by metarog

sorry sid i was out all night, i'll post that scan tomorrow! I love pre code horror, including EC. I at one point had about 200 pre code comics, but have trimmed that down to 70 or 80 i really love. THere are so many great comics put out then its staggering! I do have to say though that in terms of quality, outside of EC, its pretty much parallel to 70's horror. A lot of people complain about the spanish & filipino artists in the bronze age, but the truth is they draw circles around the stock artists of the 50's. Now there is an undeniable charm associated with 50's layman art, so i am not knocking it, that is one of the reasons i find them irresistable. At any rate i guess i love horror comics in general. I feel i am focusing energy on bronze right now because there is so much undiscovered greatness in it.

Love those Sabrina Books by the way!

that was probably the first marvel horror i ever bought except for ghost rider back in the day. I pulled it out of a 3 for a $ box. Still lovve that Kane cover thumbsup2.gif

Speaking of Marvel & Kane covers, this is not horror per se, but it IS the 1st postcode vampire in comics

475824-asm101.jpg

475824-asm101.jpg.699b6e6a7ae34a5def7722607793804c.jpg