• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,926 posts in this topic

9.0 or 9.2 depending on CGC's mood

so true. I think the mood for today is 9.2...that copy is the nicest I've seen. PS are a breeze (as with most books) if you don't want high or ubber grades. I can pick up PS books avg 7.0 for a buck each. I'm reading the stories now and so far I think that the series is super. I would really love a 9.6 or 9.8 copy of that book one day.

Its not easy to find. For some reason this one hasn't been showing up. I'm guessing its a tightly held book. I could image quite a bidding war for a true 9.4 and up.

Edited by Rip

Sounds like Heritage was good for you, anything else?

By the way I have to agree with you that those Rosa HOM's have been uber hot. I can't believe how much the 206 went for

Edited by Rip

By the way I have to agree with you that those Rosa HOM's have been uber hot. I can't believe how much the 206 went for

That's why I'm afraid of the marlede bidding. He's effectively replaced redf1shing in my mind. He collects mainly Halloween memorabilia, so I don't quite understand the HG motive...oh well. I was able to snag the Ghosts #15 CGC 9.8 copy for "only" $270. I feel that may be my last win for these books.

Auctions like that make me laugh my asss off. $300 for a 9.4, and a perfectly decent looking VF can't sell on eBay for $5. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/House-of-Mystery-206...1QQcmdZViewItem

HG collectors are out of their minds if they are looking for investments and not collectibles. There is no way those books are going to hold their value past this current hot streak. screwy.gif

HG collectors are out of their minds if they are looking for investments and not collectibles.

Absolutely. I just want to complete my run, and it's been 2 years since a certified copy has been for sale. Demand simply driving the price up. Rock Hill is literally a 40 minute drive for me. Except for the top of the book, it looks pretty good.

The thing is, there are an increasing number of HG players in this market, so I see the trend going up, unfortunately.

But you aren't laughing at me, are you?

HG collectors are out of their minds if they are looking for investments and not collectibles.

Absolutely. I just want to complete my run, and it's been 2 years since a certified copy has been for sale. Demand simply driving the price up. Rock Hill is literally a 40 minute drive for me. Except for the top of the book, it looks pretty good.

The thing is, there are an increasing number of HG players in this market, so I see the trend going up, unfortunately.

But you aren't laughing at me, are you?

I laugh at everybody, including myself! insane.gif After all, it's just variations on the same collecting neurosis. My way is just a bit cheaper. wink.gif

Did you say you essentially have a HG Phantom Collector set? Are they CGC certified? I've missed out on a bunch of issues lately but would eventually like to have a set. #10 has a ROCKIN' Neal Adams cover (reminds me of HOM 174 with the beckoning gesture) and I never see a high grade copy, and there's none in the census.

I buy every high grade P.S. I can get my hands on. Am continually upgrading. I send a few of them out every month to get graded and am about halfway through. I'd love to have a 9.8 number 2(mines a 9.2) My highest grade is a 9.8 #14. Anyway here's my #10 ungraded 9.0-9.2.

902156-ps10.jpg

902156-ps10.jpg.9a53fcdfa7b5133131a2729f90258f55.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard of him, is a NM a 9.4? I have bought 3 raw so far and all I've received were a bunch of VF's frustrated.gif Look at my anyone need line. All right, I bought it. Thanks, again.

Edited by johnenock