• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,946 posts in this topic

Way to go. That Swamp Thing cover is one of my favorites

There was a dealer in Chicago this year sharing a booth with Mark from Nashville who had a stack of about 50 of those all in about 9.2 for $20 each, flat. They were sitting on his table with no bags or boards.

He said he had the same kinda stacks of the usual, Battlestar Galactica 1, Rom 1, Micronauts 1. But the Swamp Thing 7 was unusual in my experience.

The cover has a King Kong/Quasimodo feel to it for me.

For some reason I feel like Batman could not even be there and the cover would be just the same without him--- that is: very, very cool!

Nice returns. Too bad for the slight miswrap on the Swamp Thing...still jealous though. I've wanted to start collecting the series as there are lots of HG copies abound, but haven't jumped yet for some reason.

Miswrap isn't such a big deal here. 9.8 is a 9.8. Bernie Wrightson makes this run something special.

Nice returns. Too bad for the slight miswrap on the Swamp Thing...still jealous though. I've wanted to start collecting the series as there are lots of HG copies abound, but haven't jumped yet for some reason.

Miswrap isn't such a big deal here. 9.8 is a 9.8. Bernie Wrightson makes this run something special.

Yes...and No...Gak and Gurgle. :thumbsup:

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and can't recall how many times I've feasted on the infinite bronze horror buffet. I recently asked aweforone to post my adams/dracula mockup (which he was kind enough to do). But now, I've finally thrown in the towel and taken the Kierkegaard leap of faith -- I'm a member! And I'll be adding some of my own faves to the menu. Hopefully, I'm not adding too much redundancy here (and I can't say I'm quite in the ultra high grade realm like sterling and others), but here's one of my favorite dc covers:

8224z8x.jpg

Which often reminds me of marvel's bronze cover for crypt of shadows 8.

7ye9t0w.jpg

But, before you question whether sparling was first with the idea, take a look back at the original cover from uncanny tales 23. It's practically identical, inside and outside!

6z7r1ar.jpg

HofM 205 is one of my favorites. :golfclap:

You have a very nice copy and its been a tough one for me to find above 8.5.

It's really standing out as an anomoly for me as a HG book. There is lots of demand for this book, even for the non completionist. The cover is simply amazing. I'm scratching my head why there isn't 1 9.4 or higher in the census.