• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed?!?

11 posts in this topic

It's Sunday :shrug:

I remember the golden days of comic stores..., maybe it's still the same....., traveling an hour via bus to the other side of Portland, only to find out the owner of the store had a meeting that day, or some other BS.

p.s. - is there snow there? We've got abut 3 inches in town (I'm in south central Oregon), and about 8 up in the hills a few miles out.

catch it before it melts....,

It's Sunday :shrug:

I remember the golden days of comic stores..., maybe it's still the same....., traveling an hour via bus to the other side of Portland, only to find out the owner of the store had a meeting that day, or some other BS.

p.s. - is there snow there? We've got abut 3 inches in town (I'm in south central Oregon), and about 8 up in the hills a few miles out.

Nope. Overcast, a little wet.

I think comic shops should close Mon-Tue or Tue-Wed. Some people can't shop until the weekend. My 2c

But if they were open, they'd have my $$$. My wife is soooooo heartbroken they're closed (sarcasm)

[i'm in south central Oregon]- Where do you shop? I live in so. Oregon, Rogue Valley. We (well, I) have only one place to shop. Haven't been there in 15-20 yrs. Just got back into the hobby. I'm "jones-ing" to shop now. I think I'll go there Tue. I have 80 hrs of overtime on my last paycheck. Cha-ching

I'm past Klamath Falls, out where Nevada, California and Oregon all meet. I order my new stuff through a subscription service out of Dallas, TX.

I spend way more money than I should here and on eBay. I pretty much stopped going to comic shops about 20 years ago, as they rarely have anything I want or need, and they usually give me a big headache.

I have been to the shop in Ashland about 5 years ago, and did find a couple Powermans, but that was about it. It actually had some backstock, but not much for me. I drop by the one in Bend about once a year to pick up a box or some supplies, but they have little backstock as well. I stopped by Dennis (theshadowknows) Hooker's shop in Eugene a couple years ago - he has extensive backstock, and I picked up some cool silverage there.

Cool. I lived in K-Falls for about 10 years. Not a whole lot to do (except read/collect comics).

Going to Ashland won't be a total waste. Lot's of young pseudo-hippies (yes- girls) running around topless since it's now legal.

Cool. I lived in K-Falls for about 10 years. Not a whole lot to do (except read/collect comics).

Going to Ashland won't be a total waste. Lot's of young pseudo-hippies (yes-girls) running around topless since it's now legal.

:o

Going to Ashland won't be a total waste. Lot's of young pseudo-hippies (yes-girls) running around topless since it's now legal.

:o

It's true. As long as they're not doing anything "naughty", it's okay. It's not like they can just walk into a store or something. Parks and yards and such. Of course some of them look like Shaq and Jimmy Kimble. But now and then... :cloud9:

I used to live in K. Falls too. There was a comic shop there in the early 90s - an earthquake rattled the city pretty good and guess what business got crushed by a ton of bricks...

There used to be a couple of shops in the Medford/Ashland area, now I think there is only one shop in Ashland.

BTW, legal here in Eugene for the ladies to go topless also.

I used to live in K. Falls too. There was a comic shop there in the early 90s - an earthquake rattled the city pretty good and guess what business got crushed by a ton of bricks...

There used to be a couple of shops in the Medford/Ashland area, now I think there is only one shop in Ashland.

BTW, legal here in Eugene for the ladies to go topless also.

I recall going to a convention in KFalls in the early 90s at that antique mall downtown :o Also, about the same time, there was a shop on 6th St, where I picked up some NM copies of Adams GLs and 25 cent SSWSs. :cloud9: