• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Boldly Go, Man?

48 posts in this topic

I understand the need for bolding text, but when you quote someone the big bold letters completely disappear. :ohnoez:

But there are some funny square brackety things there though. hm

I understand the need for bolding text, but when you quote someone the big bold letters completely disappear. :ohnoez:

What you been smokin'? They're still bolded....., :shrug:

Not if you click the quote button.

Not if you click the quote button.

:ohnoez:

I clicked quote :shrug:

Underneath the place where You write stuff is a little button, and in it it says "using UBBCode" if you push it, a drop down menu drops down, and you'll see things like "using HTML", or "using HTML and UBBCode" etc, it's important to have the one that says HTML selected so that when people use the little brackety thing... they work. So if You click quote, and don't select HTML, then my writting will not be in bold, and you will see the brackets, but if You do selct HTML, then my text should be in bold, and you should see no brackets.

Now somebody quote me!

I suppose I should have made myself clear from the beginning. I know exactly how UBB and HTML works, I was just trying to see things Darth Ominus' way.

Now somebody quote me!

(shrug)

Underneath the place where You write stuff is a little button, and in it it says "using UBBCode" if you push it, a drop down menu drops down, and you'll see things like "using HTML", or "using HTML and UBBCode" etc, it's important to have the one that says HTML selected so that when people use the little brackety thing... they work. So if You click quote, and don't select HTML, then my writting will not be in bold, and you will see the brackets, but if You do selct HTML, then my text should be in bold, and you should see no brackets.

Now somebody quote me!

It all depends on how you do your bold.

I suppose I should have made myself clear from the beginning. I know exactly how UBB and HTML works, I was just trying to see things Darth Ominus' way.

Does my bold type really bother some people that much? :grin:

I suppose I could use italics to illustrate my intended inflections. Seriously though, I just thought it made the text easier on the eyes (shrug)

Now I know why my ears were burning in the middle of the night.