• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Low-Mid grade thread!

173 posts in this topic

Huge tear at the top of the spine and siamese page damage officially puts this in the low-grade category. Interestingly (or not), I was able to pick up a copy with a VF/NM-ish interior and back cover (the front cover had been cleanly torn off) on the 'bay for $20 shortly after buying this one. Great color, and I'm seriously thinking about getting that tear sealed and the pages trimmed back to "manufacturer's specifications"... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

start49.jpg

Huge tear at the top of the spine and siamese page damage officially puts this in the low-grade category. Interestingly (or not), I was able to pick up a copy with a VF/NM-ish interior and back cover (the front cover had been cleanly torn off) on the 'bay for $20 shortly after buying this one. Great color, and I'm seriously thinking about getting that tear sealed and the pages trimmed back to "manufacturer's specifications"... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

start49.jpg

A classic and great cover ! Alex Schomburg was really a fantastic artist.

What do you want for this one? This is at the top of my want list... come on... PM me with a price grin.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

However, if I'm ever able to upgrade, I'll let you know! I've been looking, but most of the low-mid grade copies that have popped up on ebay over the last few years have dull/faded color, and the higher grade copies are too $$. confused-smiley-013.gif

Tonights batch of fun books from the collection I just got:

Little Lulu 57

littlelulu57.jpg

Detective Comics 293 - Aquaman begins

detective293.jpg

Rip Hunter...Time Master 1

riphunter1.jpg

Green Lantern 12

greenlantern12.jpg

Flash 116

flash116.jpg

Tales to Astonish 60 - Hulk series begins

talestoastonish60.jpg

Green Lantern 3

greenlantern3.jpg

X-Men 27

xmen27.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 64

spidey64.jpg

Tales of Suspense 12

talesofsuspense12.jpg

many many many more to come.

I just got my Hulk scans done from the lot I'm going to list this weekend (I hope).

Hulk 140 F/F-

My favorite one issue Hulk story of the that time period.

Great cover too! thumbsup2.gif

468275-Hulk140.jpg

468275-Hulk140.jpg.89ce4ac0baffd74a2afe993de3ace64f.jpg

Was the Glob a prototype Man-Thing!? 893whatthe.gif

This issue should be hot with the movie coming! thumbsup2.gif27_laughing.gif893frustrated.gif

Hulk 121 F+

468280-Hulk121.jpg

468280-Hulk121.jpg.6159267bcd2a3c7e6b98b79252b7c376.jpg

That's a beautiful run Donut, wow! That Tales to Astonish looked like some dyed Easter eggs on it. They scream "Barber Shop Pedigree"!