• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on buying an AF15

41 posts in this topic

I am going to be looking at purchasing a copy of AF 15 this summer. For a variety of reasons, this may be the only time in my life I will have the funds to actually make the purchase.

I want to spend around $3-5000 so I know I'm getting a low grade copy. I also want a slabbed copy to ensure a resto check, though I'd be OK with a slight resto PLOD.

Any advice for someone finally buying a grail, or this specific book? I've never spent this kind of dough on a comic, but I've always wanted a copy of this book. It's literally now or never.

Buy the best one you can buy without having to sell it in a pinch.

Hold it for as long as you can.

Trust me sir... a Marvel Tales # 137 reads just as good.

On a serious note... seek and ye shall find one that will suit your needs. They are out there... good luck. :)

Why would you wait a while when you stated yourself "It's literally now or never."? If it's something you're serious about now is the time to do it. It's not likely that copies are going to get cheaper anytime soon. 2c

Why would you wait a while when you stated yourself "It's literally now or never."? If it's something you're serious about now is the time to do it. It's not likely that copies are going to get cheaper anytime soon. 2c

^^

On AF 15 you never wait...if you want it and have the money...buy one soon or they will be going up.

I'm appalled that none of you dorks got my freaking joke. :sorry:

Danger Will Robinson Im assuming.... lol

I was starting to doubt you guy's nerd factor.

Thanks for coming through. (thumbs u

When the movie comes out next year I suppose prices will only increase, so surely buying this year will make more sense. (shrug)

Movies aside, this book just keeps on rising so the sooner the better I say. Good luck.

I'm appalled that none of you dorks got my freaking joke. :sorry:

Danger Will Robinson Im assuming.... lol

I was starting to doubt you guy's nerd factor.

Thanks for coming through. (thumbs u

:acclaim:

Your age is showing :baiting:

I am going to be looking at purchasing a copy of AF 15 this summer. For a variety of reasons, this may be the only time in my life I will have the funds to actually make the purchase.

I want to spend around $3-5000 so I know I'm getting a low grade copy. I also want a slabbed copy to ensure a resto check, though I'd be OK with a slight resto PLOD.

Any advice for someone finally buying a grail, or this specific book? I've never spent this kind of dough on a comic, but I've always wanted a copy of this book. It's literally now or never.

Check out the GA/SA sales forum. There is a raw AF 15 for $3,200

Buy a CGC blue label in 2.0 2.5 or 3.0.

Avoid Cream-Off white pages or worse.

Avoid label notes (detached cover, interior problems etc)

Avoid Marvel Chipping as much as possible.

Avoid pieces missing (corners torn off).

Avoid writing on the cover.

Avoid tape and stains.

Obviously it is a low grade book and will have much wear, but if you look, you will find a nice low grade copy with no huge defects.

Remember, this is a blue chip investment book, you do not want anything that would prevent a future buyer from taking your copy.

I have a very presentable CGC 2.0 with no problems and off-white pages. It is my favorite comic and I am holding it for the long term.