• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Silver Surfer #1

13 posts in this topic

I bought this as a 7.0 on ebay and was never quite happy with the grade but wasn't sure on grading these square bound books. Now I know why :cry:

Thanks again for your input.

I bought this as a 7.0 on ebay and was never quite happy with the grade but wasn't sure on grading these square bound books. Now I know why :cry:

Thanks again for your input.

I just got home from Barnes & Noble with the 2006 Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide. This can be a VERY useful tool in grading your own books and grading potential purchases.

If anyone else has this, I love the 0.5 example on pg 341...A Hawkman #42 from 2005. The book is cut in half right down the middle!! :roflmao:

0.5????

To be fair, if it were an Action Comics #1, it would still be worth thousands of $$$ to somebody restoring one....

Sorry I got :signofftopic:

np, I got my answer. It wasn't until I got the book in hand and saw the accumulation of defects that I doubted the grade. But for the price I paid I kept the book as a placeholder. I just got to the point where I'm ready to upgrade and needed to know how to price the book for sale. i.e. I didn't want the insane asylum to jump me in the "for sale" section over grading.