• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men: First Class as good as Iron Man

52 posts in this topic

I finally got to see it today. IMO, this is easily in the top 3 comic movies of all time. I thought it was fantastic.

They had a lot of characters to introduce and develop in 2 hours, and they did a great job of it.

I really can't think of anything I hated about the movie, which is unheard of in a superhero movie. They all have something I thought was so bad it was out of place with the rest of the movie, but this one didn't have it.

Perfect casting on the part of everyone...and Magneto is one badass mofo. (worship)

5 out of 5 stars from me. This was as close to perfection as it gets. :cloud9:

So I was wrong with the topic of this thread. I think this movie was even BETTER than Iron Man. :whee:

And this is the same boardie that said the new X-Men movie was going to suck :baiting: :baiting:

I have to tease you Dice (:

No, ma'am. I predicted that X-Men was going to be better than everyone else was giving it credit. I expected this movie to be good, but not as good as it was. Wow!

I said that Thor (I was wrong) and Green Lantern (I'm still standing my position) were going to suck. The Green Lantern toes pretty much iced the cake on me getting that one right. lol

My mistake :foryou:

But I still want to see the Green Lantern movie :insane:

I don't think Wolviefangirl will be looking at his toes. :whistle:

I finally got to see it today. IMO, this is easily in the top 3 comic movies of all time. I thought it was fantastic.

They had a lot of characters to introduce and develop in 2 hours, and they did a great job of it.

I really can't think of anything I hated about the movie, which is unheard of in a superhero movie. They all have something I thought was so bad it was out of place with the rest of the movie, but this one didn't have it.

Perfect casting on the part of everyone...and Magneto is one badass mofo. (worship)

So I was wrong with the topic of this thread. I think this movie was even BETTER than Iron Man. :whee:

And this is the same boardie that said the new X-Men movie was going to suck :baiting: :baiting:

No, ma'am. I predicted that X-Men was going to be better than everyone else was giving it credit. I expected this movie to be good, but not as good as it was. Wow!

I said that Thor (I was wrong) and Green Lantern (I'm still standing my position) were going to suck. The Green Lantern toes pretty much iced the cake on me getting that one right. lol

No. She'll be looking at his face and thinking "Zoolander" every second of the movie. lol

No. She'll be looking at his face and thinking "Zoolander" every second of the movie. lol

Little lady fromTexas might be thinking more south. :blush:

His adam's apple?

His very noticeable and impeccable hand and nail hygiene?

His adam's apple?

You guys are bad :roflmao:

I didn't even notice his toes lol

And I'm not that kind of woman (tsk)

I rather see him as Deadpool than Green Lantern 2c

His adam's apple?

Admit it, you want to see him give Sinestro "The Bat Wing".

I saw the movie today and I thought it was really great. Just an awesome movie!

I especially enjoyed seeing Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw.

+1

I think Iron Man 1 and SM2 had more charm, but this was a great

effort to get the X-franchise back.

I call it a solid 8.5 out of 10!

(thumbs u

His adam's apple?

Admit it, you want to see him give Sinestro "The Bat Wing".

:sick:

Def a good movie, i wasnt sure who some characters were (the devil guy and tornado man) i wished they would have had the original xmen like the book, but i can see a little why they changed it since those characters were the stars of the other movies and they were doing something diffrent. Honestly its made me want to collect xmen and i never thought that day would come.

My only disappointment in the movie was the lack of "A" tier characters (Wolvernine, Cyclops, etc) because I grew up with them, but I understand what they were doing and they did a good job of it.

I find it hard to compare to other movies because I liked something entirely different about each movie (Iron Man, Thor, DKR) but this X-men movie was by far the best of all the mutant movies and it kept my attention the entire time.

Loved the climax, and Magneto stole the show.

Might have to see it again.

hm

My only disappointment in the movie was the lack of "A" tier characters (Wolvernine, Cyclops, etc) because I grew up with them, but I understand what they were doing and they did a good job of it.

I find it hard to compare to other movies because I liked something entirely different about each movie (Iron Man, Thor, DKR) but this X-men movie was by far the best of all the mutant movies and it kept my attention the entire time.

Loved the climax, and Magneto stole the show.

Might have to see it again.

hm

This is a movie about the origins of the X-Men and Cyclops wasn't in it? ???

The Nightcrawler characters in the Xmen via movie are infinitely better than in the comic. Most others just get overwhelmed with FX that comics usually treat to a better impact. Wolverine is a good in both.

A lot of things like costumes, magneto helmet, cyclops lasers, Angels wings (XM FC), the danger room, among others just become lame in the movie.

My bias is more towards story and acting rather than bigger than life effects so these comic movies tend to not do it for me. I thought IM was movie perfection up until the ending, even then the ending was OK.

My all time ranks

1. Superman II

2. Superman

3. Ironman

4. 300

6 Batman

7 Batman Dark Knight

8 Blade

9 Xmen FC

10. Kick

If we`re talking comic book movies as opposed to just super hero movies, then "300" and "Kickass" are pretty high on my list too. "Kickass" might be the only decent movie Nic Cage has made since "National Treasure" (guilty pleasure).