• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE OFFICIAL PUNISHER MOVIE PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

That is SWEET. I am getting a couple of those on Friday morning when I see the movie at 12:10 am at the Sony Metreon. (It's a Marvel movie tradition of mine to go to the first available showing of each movie.)

I wonder if this is in the US only. First I have heard about it.

Alex

Same here, I'm stuck in the UK, England and I doubt it will be given away here.. oh well, frown.gif

Some of the Showcase cinemas in England give away promotional stuff connected to the film.

My theater got 1200 of these comics. I am quite sure a lot of people will forget them in the theater after we give them to them. I'll be picking up every comic I can find discarded in the movie theater. Just because I collect movie memorabilia.

I'm sure we will be seeing this very comic on ebay very very soon.

There's going to be a lot of copies of this thing going around pretty soon.

My whole staff took a copy and read it and most of them never read a comic in thier life. They were both excited and enjoyed having the comic. It made them want to read more.

My good friend was like "AUGHHHH now I wanna read issue #130"

They should of thought of a promotion like this for all the other super hero movies.

I'm hoping they do it for Spiderman #2.....give out the first apperance of Doc Ock...that would be cool.

This may come as a shock to many, but Amazing Spider-Man 129 is actually a pretty good read, appearing as it does in an early chapter of Gerry Conway's Jackal War / Clone Saga (yes, I enjoyed this story arc). So I don't think it's a bad intro to comics.

Non-comic enthusiasts, or people who've never read a comic in their lives, would probably find reading this book interesting but baffling, as they would have no idea about who the Jackal was (amongst other forgotten characters, such as Gwen Stacy, natch), or that they were merely reading an instalment of a far bigger story.

I wonder if this is in the US only.

Alex

Since Lions Gate Studios is in the Vancouver, BC area, I'm sure the promo comic will at least be distributed in Canadian theaters also. Guess, I better go dumpster diving behind the Studio to get more copies. 27_laughing.gif

That is SWEET. I am getting a couple of those on Friday morning when I see the movie at 12:10 am at the Sony Metreon. (It's a Marvel movie tradition of mine to go to the first available showing of each movie.)

Gotta love the Metreon. My favorite theater! (Saw Crouching Tiger at the Japantown AMC and the screen had a HUGE rip in it - so uncool!)

Anyway - am gonna try to see it their too. Hey! I may actually get on eof these comics! grin.gif

"Since it's (sic) first publication in 1974, AMZING SPIDER-MAN # 129 has never been re-printed until now."

52015449054.106.GIF52015449054.209.GIF51772088370.129.GIF29859486781.1.GIF

893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif didn't wizard have a special reprinting of it as well?

When I read that form that came with the 1200 comics at the theater I yelled out "THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!"

lol I still like the idea of them giving out this comic though. It's good for people who have never read a comic before.

"Since it's (sic) first publication in 1974, AMZING SPIDER-MAN # 129 has never been re-printed until now."

52015449054.106.GIF52015449054.209.GIF51772088370.129.GIF29859486781.1.GIF

893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif didn't wizard have a special reprinting of it as well?

When I read that form that came with the 1200 comics at the theater I yelled out "THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!"

lol I still like the idea of them giving out this comic though. It's good for people who have never read a comic before.

foreheadslap.gif

77906321824.129.WIZARD.ACE.GIF

I think the Ramos art on the cover gave me post-traumatic stress disorder.