• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool story.................

12 posts in this topic

I work in NYC installing phone lines for Verizon.About 2 years ago,I got a repair for "F.Miller" in midtown.I get there and he tells me all his dialtones are out.Now this place is a huge loft and there are phone jacks everywhere.I start noticing he has an art drafting room,a huge bookshelf filled with comic related books,and his wife is in another room doing coloring on a Batman book on the computer.Its early in the morning,but I realize this is Frank Miller I'm talking to! I didn't let him know I knew,I figured i'd fix his lines first, then tell him.When I was done,I said "By the way Frank,I just thought I'd let you know I'm a big fan of your work,I read all the Daredevils,Dark Knights,Sin City, etc...".He looked surprised that I knew who he was,then thanked me and proceeded to show me the original artwork he was working on(for the last Batman book he did,which didn't do too well, i heard)Then his wife started showing me how she did the coloring on the computer.They were both really cool,and before I left,Frank said for me to come back when the book was published,and he'd personally sign it for me.I never did go back,but I will always remember that day.Now if I could just fix Steve Ditko's line,I'd die a happy man.... cool.gif

Wow!!!,...all I know is that if I was in Frank Miller's house with a lot of extra phone wire on hand,..that I would be leaving with a few souveniers....

27_laughing.gif, that's what I was thinking. Or at the very least, I'd be like the Jim Carrey character in the cable guy or perhaps the poster child for "The Man Who Overstayed His Welcome."

What an absolutely amazing story. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow!!!,...all I know is that if I was in Frank Miller's house with a lot of extra phone wire on hand,..that I would be leaving with a few souveniers....