• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotflips Hot Flippin Heroes Con Report!!

22 posts in this topic

No pics. :P

Left Wednesday morning around 10 A.M. and headed south. Drove all the way and stopped about 15 minutes from Charlotte. Stopped at the Bikini sports bar and grill (.com) for some terrible food but great atmosphere. Third time we have been there. Found a hotel and went to sleep.

Thursday morning got up and tried to find a starbucks or dunkin donuts to get some coffee before heading to the convention center. Finally found one and lined up at the center at 10:45 A.M. They wouldnt let us in until noon. Park the car, chat with Gator, his lovely wife, and little Gator for a bit. It was HOT outside. They finally let us in where we met up with Green and his GF and unloaded the van. Got everything set up, walked the room. Looked at books. Didnt buy anything.

Later in the evening got some dinner at buffalo wild wings with Dre (Beachbum). He calls it breakfest at 5:30 P.M., us normal people call it dinner. Dre left because we were too cool for him and couldnt hang so me and Steve went to the Westin for a couple of drinks watched the Heat-Mavsgame for a bit then went back to the hotel and went to sleep.

Friday. Got to the show early and walked the room again. Said some hello's and how ya doin's to some friends and got ready for the attendees to be let in. Arex and Greggy were hanging out by the booth for a bit (I need to put cushions on my products because Greggy knocks things over). We decide to go out to dinner with Joeypost and DrWatson and crew to Mac's BBQ. Place is good, i will order the brisket alone next time. We didnt say a word to each other while we were there. Well, we might have, but the band was so freakin loud we couldnt hear each other. Anyways, we had a good time.

Saturday was busier at the show than Friday. Not jammed but a nice crowd. The artist area was very busy. Stronguy came over to the booth and we chatted for a bit. A very noticable vomit stench started. After he left we started to get real busy at the booth (funny, the vomit stench had dissapeared at this point). Show ended at 6 and we met up with a friend of mine that I went to High School with that now lives in Charlotte. Good talking old times when i used to embarrass him while playing basketball. Walked around the epicenter, then went to the Westin for a couple of drinks and to check out the art auction. All of these artists are very talented but i can draw stick figures with the best of them. Shelton graciously denied my request to have my stick figures in the auction.

Sunday was not as crowded as Saturday but more people than Friday. Good crowd. Artists were busy. At about 10 minutes to 6 I went to get my van to line up for load out. Harley laughed at me because his worker was waiting in line since 4:30. As i walked to my van I noticed the line of vans and trucks wrapped around the convention center. Got in my van at 6:05 and drove around the block to the convention center which took another 5 minutes. Where did all the cars go?? They started letting everyone in at 6:00 and by the time I got there I was able to pull right in, park by Gate 3 (closest to my booth) and load up with the help of Steve and Green. 7:00 I was on my way out and I saw Harley still loading up. I told him getting the van early is so over rated.

Drove a little bit Sunday night and all day Monday. Got home around 7 P.M. Monday night and went to Hooters.

Charlotte is one of my favorite cities that I have been to. Clean, friendly. Not used to that in NY. Heroes is also one of my favorite shows as well. Cant wait till next year.

And there you have it. Next stop WWPHILLY,

Jeff

Stronguy came over to the booth and we chatted for a bit. A very noticable vomit stench started. After he left we started to get real busy at the booth (funny, the vomit stench had dissapeared at this point).

:acclaim:

I'm tellin' you, stanky people were all around. But I don't remember coming to your booth. I was doing shots over at Tucci's table, I shot a cripple with an Airsoft rifle and the next thing I know it's dinner time. :shrug:

Good seeing y'all. Hope you can make it down for WW Austin.

Stronguy came over to the booth and we chatted for a bit. A very noticable vomit stench started. After he left we started to get real busy at the booth (funny, the vomit stench had dissapeared at this point).

:acclaim:

I'm tellin' you, stanky people were all around. But I don't remember coming to your booth. I was doing shots over at Tucci's table, I shot a cripple with an Airsoft rifle and the next thing I know it's dinner time. :shrug:

Good seeing y'all. Hope you can make it down for WW Austin.

(thumbs u Looking forward to Austin. We'll be there!!

I picked up five 9*12 and two 11*17 toploaders plus a 9*12 Itoya portfolio. Wouldn't know what to do at that show wothout you guys!

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

My Friday at Heroes:

Get sketch, go to Hotflips booth, buy sleeve.....repeat!

:applause:

I saw you there. Jeff couldn't get rid of you. You looked like this homeless guy that just kept saying "Are you Tupenny? No? Are you Tupenny?"

:insane: