• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edward M Sarley Collection

51 posts in this topic

I am so, so glad I sold my Spidey collection. There's no longer anything special at all about a 9.0-9.4 SA ASM to me. There are way too frickin' many hg copies out there.

They are still special, but the bloom definitely comes off the rose a lot faster when all these HG books come out of the woodwork.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always love SA Spideys, but I don't love their price. It's difficult to justify spending 6 figures on a group of books, yet get nothing truly unique for all that bread.

they aren't saying they aren't valuable; saying they aren't "special".

In my mind, any issue after about #20 or #25 in that grade never really was special. Certainly nothing above #30

ASM31... two copies in 9.8

ASM32... two copies in 9.8

ASM37... zero copies in 9.8

ASM46... one copy in 9.8

ASM52... two copies in 9.8

ASM63... zero copies in 9.8

They're not exactly part of everyone's set of wall books.

they aren't saying they aren't valuable; saying they aren't "special".

In my mind, any issue after about #20 or #25 in that grade never really was special. Certainly nothing above #30

ASM31... two copies in 9.8

ASM32... two copies in 9.8

ASM37... zero copies in 9.8

ASM46... one copy in 9.8

ASM52... two copies in 9.8

ASM63... zero copies in 9.8

They're not exactly part of everyone's set of wall books.

He's saying that in the context of 9.0-9.4 copies.

right. I'm talking about say a 9.2 52, or virtually any other 9.0-9.4 mid to high # SA spidey you care to name

The whole question of exponential value/rarity increases for minute grade increases is a different discussion and it doesn't need rehashing here

I get you now, but I'd add that there are many, many more collectors looking to buy 7 or 8 9.4 issues for $X than there are looking to buy 1 9.8 issue for $X, and so the demand for the lesser high grades is exponentially greater.

Interestingly, you see more Spidey sale threads here and stronger inventory in many auctions/websites than many other titles.

I once had the run of AF15- ASM300. I sold it all about 12-13 years ago and while I regret it...I don't feel so bad when I see so many available out there.

I think Spidey will always be a popular back issue title that has strong demand but it sure seems that there are many more Spidey comics than the Iron Man, Cap, FF, Thor, etc comics that come up for sale.

If someone is looking to collect something truley rare they sure as hell shouldnt even be considering anything mass produced in the last century.

Rarity does not impact how special it is to me. If it is special to me i couldnt give a mess if you have 10 of whatever it is.

It's not about rarity...it's about abundance of availability. While I know Iron Man, Thor, FF's were all produced in mass numbers...they seem to come up for sale much less frequently than Spiderman comics.

At least that's my perception,

If someone is looking to collect something truley rare they sure as hell shouldnt even be considering anything mass produced in the last century.

Rarity does not impact how special it is to me. If it is special to me i couldnt give a mess if you have 10 of whatever it is.

I think that's why I've gravitated to OA.

Is it really that hard to search your posts for the word Sarley? Don't mind the rest of us.

(thumbs u Here's the link to his previous thread about the Sarley Collection.

i searched Edward Sarley and nothing came up

BUTM- please tell me how you fouind my old thread?

In under ten seconds...