• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super 8

58 posts in this topic

Thinking about seeing it today. :juggle:

On second thought, I think I'll go to Midnight in Paris with my wife instead.

Not another self-indulgent Woody Allen film. :P

That's like saying another bad movie by Nicolas Cage.

You can just say "Woody Allen film" and it's saying the same thing. lol

I consider you to be the Woody Allen of the Boards.

Yeah, we need more formulaic big budget action films! And more sequels! More movies catering to the lowest common denominator!

If it aint a rehashing of plot threads and/or raunchy jokes that I've seen a hundred times before, well, I aint interested!

Woody needs to do a Transformers movie, then i'll be there. Wait, better yet, Shogun Warriors, nobody's done that one yet, have they?

At least his movies are no longer exclusively within the confines of NYC. He seems to be on a tour of the European capitals at the moment.

i saw super 8 yesterday during a special screening at an imax. it was a good movie. it wasnt great.

seemed to me like a cross between "e.t." and " stand by me. "

Now I know I won't be seeing it. :P

i saw super 8 yesterday during a special screening at an imax. it was a good movie. it wasnt great.

seemed to me like a cross between "e.t." and " stand by me. "

Good call, definitely elements of "Stand By Me" too.

same here as everyone else. just "ok". there were lots of nice little moments, good acting, good fx, and good overall story. there was just something about the way it was all put together that didn't work for me.

same here as everyone else. just "ok". there were lots of nice little moments, good acting, good fx, and good overall story. there was just something about the way it was all put together that didn't work for me.

It was a ok decent movie. It seemed manufactured.I would say it was more Stand by Me meets Alien then Stand by Me meets E.T. A pet peeve I had was this movie was very loud. Bring your earplugs if you sit in a second or third row seat. I will take X-men First Class,Thor and Pirates of the Caribbean 4 over Super 8.

I`m not sure my opinion should affect whether people see the movie or not.

I don`t see eye to eye with the vast majority of boardies when it comes to movies! So all of you "Transformers" and "Thor" fans will probably think "Super 8" is awesome!

Maybe if you came back down to earth you would...

:makepoint:

I just admitted in another thread that I like "National Treasure", so it`s not like I spend my days at Ingmar Bergman and Francois Truffaut film festivals. (shrug)

They`re highly acclaimed European film directors. :gossip:

lol

You know, I started watching GODARD's ALPHAVILLE a few nights ago and I just couldn't get into it. However, it was more stimulating than MUMMY 3. The latter one was so dumb I actually watched it in fast forward after the first 30 minutes.... meh

Saw it today. It was ok. Not as good as Thor or X-Men.

Didn't live up to the trailer, which sold me on the movie.

And that's exactly what they aim to do. Have you not noticed that trailers have become highly entertaining mini-movies in and of themselves? In fact, they're often better than the feature they are promoting.

Brilliant marketing....