• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con

68 posts in this topic

Going to Dragon Con for the first time this year with the wife & 10-year old daughter. Any tips & pointers from you veterans out there?

Yeah, don't take your 10 year old daughter.

Seriously I don't know what it's like now a days, but the straw that broke the camels back for me (my last set up there) was some guy walking around naked with a 4 foot long strapped on.

Chandler,

No Friday or Saturday Stan opps to be added by any chance are there? I was seriously thinking about only going down for Fri, Sat this year....

Due to Stan's schedule he has to be somewhere else Friday and Saturday. But he is scheduled to be signing at Dragon Con on Sunday and Monday. Signing tickets are currently available in our webstore.

Chandler,

No Friday or Saturday Stan opps to be added by any chance are there? I was seriously thinking about only going down for Fri, Sat this year....

Due to Stan's schedule he has to be someone else Friday and Saturday. But he is scheduled to be signing at Dragon Con on Sunday and Monday. Signing tickets are currently available in our webstore.

I knew Stan was good but I didn't know he was a shape shifter :lol: I'll figure something out :)

Going to Dragon Con for the first time this year with the wife & 10-year old daughter. Any tips & pointers from you veterans out there?

Yeah, don't take your 10 year old daughter.

Seriously I don't know what it's like now a days, but the straw that broke the camels back for me (my last set up there) was some guy walking around naked with a 4 foot long strapped on.

:eek:

Bring beer for the registration line.

Though, with the new scanners they will have set up this year, I'm not even sure I'll have time to get a decent buzz going before getting my badge.

And when you get your program (not the big glossy one, the little newsprint one), study it to figure out what you want to attend. Don't be without that little newsprint guide. Tons of vital info in there.

That little guide and the daily changes which will be on tables everywhere are your way of keeping up. The daily dragon I think? Their newsletter that lets you know who had to leave or what room had to be vacated and where to really line up. That kind of thing.

Well no Captain Kirk & Spock pictures this year! That should save people an easy $200 this year to spend at the bar....

Well I guess you could still take a cardboard cutout of Spock and get your picture made with Shatner....

Chandler,

Due to Stan's schedule he has to be someone else Friday and Saturday. But he is scheduled to be signing at Dragon Con on Sunday and Monday. Signing tickets are currently available in our webstore.

I knew Stan was good but I didn't know he was a shape shifter :lol: I'll figure something out :)

lol

Well, I've got four sketch covers coming from Scott Blair as well as a roller derby piece, I'm hoping to get a Dave Stevens Elvira House of Mystery #11 signed by Casandra Peterson (Elvira), and a Stargate photo cover signed by Amanda Tapping. The old school stuff will be a Nick Fury #5 signed by Steranko and an Amazing Spider-man #19 signed by Stan Lee. If I manage to have any money left I'll see what other damage I can do :)

See you guys in line Friday morning....7 am Sheraton!