• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK board members - please watch out for stolen book!

21 posts in this topic

Will keep an eye out. Any pointers as to where it was taken from?

From Sheffield in South Yorkshire. Today.

FedEx were due to deliver it Monday but unexpectedely brought it today so I was not waiting. FedEx tell me that as I was out the driver was going to leave a note but a guy walked down my drive and said he was my neighbor. The driver gave him the book. I only have two neighbors and both were out all day. The FedEx driver did not even then leave me a note. The first I knew something was wrong was when I got an email from FedEx saying my box was delivered, signed for by "A Bell" which is a name I do not know.

I can only assume the thief took a chance that a FedEx box might be worth having and probably has no interest in the book. I expect he will try to sell it.

signed for by "A Bell" which is a name I do not know.

Apt name.

I would be calling up FedEx and letting them know the book was not addressed to your "neighbor."

This. As well as asking when to expect the reimbursement for them giving the book away.

Will keep em peeled.

I wonder if the guy was casing your house, FedEx guy spooked him, he signed for the box as a cover and figured on keeping it as an "easy" grab.

FedEx are at fault here, just cause someone is in the drive way doesn't mean diddly, he should have asked the guy "I really need to deliver to this address, would you mind opening the door...." etc,etc.

What's hard to understand about that?

After quoting the first post in this thread, I see there is Photobucket link code.

In my browser the first post looks only like this;

If any UK board member should ever see this book or have it offered them you will know it is stolen. Thanks

I'm still ??? as to why this has occured.

Disregard my posts, sorry.

Will keep em peeled.

I wonder if the guy was casing your house, FedEx guy spooked him, he signed for the box as a cover and figured on keeping it as an "easy" grab.

FedEx are at fault here, just cause someone is in the drive way doesn't mean diddly, he should have asked the guy "I really need to deliver to this address, would you mind opening the door...." etc,etc.

Can't believe Fedex could make such a basic mistake as that.

Cue other examples from boardies.... :tonofbricks:

I suspect that Steelcity will be doing regular searches on ebay. I guess it depends on whether the thief has much inteligence since ebay is the obvious place.

I suspect that Steelcity will be doing regular searches on ebay. I guess it depends on whether the thief has much inteligence since ebay is the obvious place.

Agreed. I'd also check the classifieds of local papers (seriously) or Loot.

I am still shell-shocked. To think someone stole my book just leaves me feeling wretched. The police think it was simple opportunism, that any FedEx box is worth a shot for a nice gift. They are very surprised, however, that a FedEx delivery man would be so easily taken in. I can't see anything positive coming out of this.

For me, I now more fully appreciate from all the past stolen book threads what it feels like to have this happen.