• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a realistic price to expect to pay for a 1.0, 2.0 or raw ASM#1?

27 posts in this topic

I may be crucifying myself but I much prefer the ASM 1 cover to AF 15. (shrug)

I agree...you are crucifying yourself ;)

I have never been a fan of ASM 1's cover, while AF 15 is a classic. While there are probably more comic cover homages to Action 1, I would bet that AF 15 comes in second.

I may be crucifying myself but I much prefer the ASM 1 cover to AF 15. (shrug)

I agree...you are crucifying yourself ;)

I have never been a fan of ASM 1's cover, while AF 15 is a classic. While there are probably more comic cover homages to Action 1, I would bet that AF 15 comes in second.

If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you? :baiting:

Oh, I don't know. I suppose it should be AMAZING FANTASY #15, huh?

But, for whatever reason it's always been ASM #1 that I've obsessed over. Back years ago before I dropped comics & I sold off my collection, THE AVENGERS was my favorite comic. And I was VERY near a complete collection of it, needing just #1 & #4 if I remember correctly.

But, Spider-Man was favorite character, so if I was going to pay a hefty sum for a comic(s), it would have been ASM #1 ( back then I had from ASM #6 up to whatever the current issue was in early 1980 ).

Well, not a whole lot has changed in 31 years as Spider-Man is still, by far my favorite character, only now ASM is my favorite title as well.

In fact, of the 644 comics that I've managed to begin my new collection with over the past year, 266 of them are ASM. With another 30, maybe even 40 or so being issues of other Spider-Man titles.

I've got a complete run of ASM from #500 to present. With my immediate goal being to fill in the '99 ASM issues that I'm missing from a full run, those being #12 - 30 & #36.

That's awesome brother.

I am 2 issues away from completing my full run (#1 and 3).

I saved these as last for a reason. Doc Ock is my fav villain and #1 will be my last ASM

I will buy.

Anyway good luck. I plan on throwing a party when I am finished. It has been (off and on)

25 years in the making for my collection.

There is an AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 on a comiclink auction at the moment going for $725 - it is a CGC 0.5 PR. with 11 days to go... It does look nicer than the assigned grade... but, just an example.

-----------

In their current auction, I don't even see a #1. :confused: Link?

I picked up a beautiful golden record reprint for <1/10 of that money. Probably 8.5 Makes a real nice filler until I get a shot at the real #1.

GRRs are the BEST reprints going! You can feel safe reading them, they're still close in age to the keys they're proxying for, AND if you ever do decide to sell them, there's actually a market for 'em!

I snagged a JIM 83 GRR before I bought my original copy but it worked it out well since I had my 1st print SS'd. And Tortoise / Mark was kind enough to hook me up with an FF 1 GRR to tide me over until I can nail down a 1st printing as well.