• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Captain America trailer is freakin sweet

146 posts in this topic

I love that Tool riff in there.

I know it doesn't fit the time period, but it breathes a fresh set of hype excitement that

superhero movies need right now.

:headbang:

And it isnt like the song has to be used in the movie either. In Black Hawk Down one of the trailers used The Space Between by Dave Mathews Band. And that song was no where in the movie iirc.

What is Tony Stark doing in the movie though?

Stark is the engineer responsible for developing much of the Iron Man platform, the shield and likely the Super Soldier serum.

That wasn't Tony Stark, that was Tony's dad who appeared in Iron Man 2 in the B+W film that stark saw.

Here's an article from IGN:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1178964p1.html

Visiting the outskirts of London doesn't necessarily seem too foreign to someone from the United States. The countryside just feels older -- a relic from an era long since past. Appropriate setting for a World War II story aside, the tone and feel of the Captain America set felt perfect for a film being positioned as the "origin" of the Marvel movie universe.

Almost nine months ago, I had the opportunity to spend a day on the set of Captain America: The First Avenger. Admittedly, much of what I saw you have seen by now in trailers or posters -- the costumes for Captain America, Red Skull, various Hydra elements, Steve Rogers' struggle to enter the military and his eventual transformation into the leader of the Avengers.

continued in the link

My most anticipated movie of the summer! :cloud9:

Mine as well :cloud9:

Saw Pirates, Thor and X-Men so far opening day, and will also for Apes and Harry Potter, but if I could only see one movie it would have been Cap :cloud9:

Jim

I may see the midnight show for Cap, and I haven't done that for a movie since the nineties.

I agree. The difference is that the Sabbath song is actually good, plus being called Iron Man helps.

The Cap movie is more of a period piece, if you will- the cheesy 90's music doesnt fit it at all with the 40's theme. It might work in other instances- but not this one.

That "cheesy 90's" song is pure sonic brilliance to some, including myself. What exactly did you want for a period piece, "Take the A Train"? It would've been more "appropriate", but it wouldn't kick nearly as much as 46&2.

I agree. The difference is that the Sabbath song is actually good, plus being called Iron Man helps.

The Cap movie is more of a period piece, if you will- the cheesy 90's music doesnt fit it at all with the 40's theme. It might work in other instances- but not this one.

That "cheesy 90's" song is pure sonic brilliance to some, including myself. What exactly did you want for a period piece, "Take the A Train"? It would've been more "appropriate", but it wouldn't kick nearly as much as 46&2.

I was hoping for this. :)

When Captain America throws his mighty sheeeeeeeeeeild!

Yea, definitely a MUCH better trailer than the previous ones.

How did they make Chris Evans look so small before they give him the Super Soldier serum--is that all CGI?

I thought it was a different actor

If Benjamin, Brad pitt, Button could do it, so can Chris Evans...

2iv0iyq.jpg

word is that in the fiery final moments of the film, as the tension approaches the human breaking point, "boogie woogie bugle boy" is going to be blaring.

Tool is cheesy 90s music? You are high as a kite.

I like the music of Tool, I like Captain America. However I agree that the music does not fit with the period, nor the character and shouldn't have been in this trailer. It suggests that if they have not put much thought into the presentation of the trailer, that maybe they have not put much thought into other aspects of the movie.

Clearly the music was chosen to appeal to a certain demographic only.