• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Notorious crimes involving comics? Tell me some tales please.

65 posts in this topic

Ryan Elliott and CGG/PGA/PGX.

Terence Leders name drug throught the mud as a cover for the illegal fraud of pgx/pga/cgg

Fixed that for you

Thanks, I think. You obviously know more than I do about that. Who is Ryan Elliott? I thought Daniel Patterson was CGG/PGA/PGX and that someone named Terrence Leder worked with him but substituted books? (shrug)

Ryan Elliott and CGG/PGA/PGX.

Terence Leders name drug throught the mud as a cover for the illegal fraud of pgx/pga/cgg

Fixed that for you

Thanks, I think. You obviously know more than I do about that. Who is Ryan Elliott? I thought Daniel Patterson was CGG/PGA/PGX and that someone named Terrence Leder worked with him but substituted books? (shrug)

Ryan Elliott was/is the resto expert for cgg/pgx etc.He is also the mastermind behind most of the scams that pgx was caught for.Check out old guys terence leder and pgx page.Insert Ryan Elliott wherever Terence Leder is named and you will have the truth.

His current ebay name is vondoom.It is listed as his girlfriends account but the listings are all his.Elliott has left a wake of burned out accounts,scams,and owing thousands of dollars to ebay.

The lurid fascination with the Green River books.

Isn't that allure gone now that Gary Ridgeway was convicted as the sole Green River killer a few years ago? Prior to that, the original owner of the collection had been their only suspect yet was cleared long before the collection surfaced in the hobby, but now, Ridgeway is the man.

What about the one were a couple robbed Mr.Bedrock's comic shop?

They just plead guilty to another theft of a retail store (non-comic). They are locked up (thumbs u

am I the only one that thinks this scumbag got off easy? I suspect he will be right back at it once he gets let out.

Suspending 10 years of a 15 year sentence??? So he's going to be out in ~2.5 with 5 years probation? Yes, he got off easy. The only solace is that if he does it again, those 10 years get tacked on.

It's stuff like the BS below that taint all defense lawyers.

Before McGann handed down the sentence, Kenneth Ravenell, another of Ballmann's lawyers, called his client a "good person who committed a very serious crime."

He asked McGann to look at Ballmann's record of service to the community.

"People who do good things can do bad things as well," Ravenell said.

Forgive the lack of specific details, but I recall back in the mid-1980's, there was a comics and cards shop in North Quincy (a few minutes south of Boston) and I heard the owner (who looked just like Mel the cook from the tv show "Alice") got busted for touching little boys.

I sold him a lot of books back in the day, and it really disturbs me to think about him because his shop was always full of little kids. He seemed to have no real passion or knowledge of cards or comics, so I'm pretty sure he set up shop with the specific goal in mind of attracting a young male clientele.

I know there are a lot of Boston area boardies here. Anyone remember this place? It was near the corner of Billings & Hancock.

A comic dealer from Long Island is currently out on bail while appealing his conviction for enslaving his former girlfriend and forcing her to both live in a large dog cage and have sex with multiple people. His defense is that he is a god in the S&M community and she signed an agreement giving him ownership over her and her body.

Wow...Our little hobby already seemed to have more than it's fair share of nut-jobs even before we decided to wheel out the killers and child molesters...am I the only one a little depressed by this thread? :(

You shouldn't be depressed by this thread. Realize that crime is everywhere.

A comic dealer from Long Island is currently out on bail while appealing his conviction for enslaving his former girlfriend and forcing her to both live in a large dog cage and have sex with multiple people. His defense is that he is a god in the S&M community and she signed an agreement giving him ownership over her and her body.

More details required, got a link to an article? :wishluck::popcorn: