• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

?The Aussie CHuck ROzanski- this guy is worse than Chuck!

21 posts in this topic

Considering the guy is in Australia, and the Australian dollar is worth MORE than the U.S. I think $1.50 ours to $1.00...

He's in another continent..who's to argue with him?

There are plenty of collectors that live in Ozz, who can't afford to come to the U.S. and buy graded books. So if collector's on that side of world are willing to pay his prices, good for him,

:acclaim:

why exactly are you wanting acclaim..have you done something earth shattering in your entire two posts??? or just happy to be here??

bought new shoes?

learned to tie them?

enquiring minds want to know..

Apparently he's banking on the "the only one in Australia" gimmick. doh!

Which is of course complete nonsense.

More complete nonsense....

The total amount of copies in existence data listed in the table above was gathered from the CGC census. Only 90,000+ comics in total have been certified by the CGC. To put this figure in perspective the grand total of all CGC comics to date is less than the print run on a single issue of Spider-Girl. The total print run for Spider-Girl No.15 (Dec 1999) published by Marvel Comics was 123,238 and that is just ONE issue of a fairly unpopular* comic, a more popular title like an issue of X-Men or Batman would be far higher. This just goes to show how rare having any CGC comic is, and how collectable they will become.

Err, no.

Considering the guy is in Australia, and the Australian dollar is worth MORE than the U.S. I think $1.50 ours to $1.00...

There are plenty of collectors that live in Ozz, who can't afford to come to the U.S. and buy graded books. So if collector's on that side of world are willing to pay his prices, good for him,

Umm not quite $US1.50 to $A1.00. Currently $A1 is about $US1.02 so about on par.

It's a far cry from a few short years back when all an Oz buck would get you was just over 50c Yankee money.

I think I knew this guy when he a had a store in Perth (Western Australia). His asking prices for books then were also breathtaking.

I had a look at his site and he hasn't updated his pricing to reflect current exchange rates - he's still got the Oz prices pegged at double the US ones.

If he honours the transaction at those rates, you US buyers are getting the things at half price. Still outrageously overpriced though.

The thing that makes graded books here expensive is the shipping cost. Leave aside how long it takes (about a month, round trip, just for the mail component, let alone the "waiting to be graded" bit when they get there) the cost is prohibitive, and then there are the damaged in transit issues.

Not a lot of graded books out here.

Umm not quite $US1.50 to $A1.00. Currently $A1 is about $US1.02 so about on par.

It's a far cry from a few short years back when all an Oz buck would get you was just over 50c Yankee money.

I think I knew this guy when he a had a store in Perth (Western Australia). His asking prices for books then were also breathtaking.

I had a look at his site and he hasn't updated his pricing to reflect current exchange rates - he's still got the Oz prices pegged at double the US ones.

If he honours the transaction at those rates, you US buyers are getting the things at half price. Still outrageously overpriced though.

The thing that makes graded books here expensive is the shipping cost. Leave aside how long it takes (about a month, round trip, just for the mail component, let alone the "waiting to be graded" bit when they get there) the cost is prohibitive, and then there are the damaged in transit issues.

Not a lot of graded books out here.

+1

but i think he IS betting on 'the only copy in the country' deal.

anyone can buy slabbed books from the US at regular pricing, and with the australian dollar bettering the US atm his prices should be more competative.

its embarassing to a fellow aussie collector :shy:

:gossip: postal services

Sorry, but I have ask..

What exactly is the meaning of the word "whay"?

And honestly: "but CGC intials do not stand that" ... What is hell is that!!??

As for the website: Yep, we have over priced as well! (Just check our eBay site. Don't say I didn't warn ya!)

You can talk about exchange rates until the cows come home, he's just trying to target an uneducated, ignorant market like the rest.

Who will buy it?

Not many collectors down here, but if he catches one or two new-comers, it'll be worth the effort.

The funny part is CGC (Comic Grading Company) like that is whay CGC stands for..I mean I know it is a comic grading company ..but CGC intials do not stand that...

Not many collectors down here, but if he catches one or two new-comers, it'll be worth the effort.

------------

Are you all in on this thread?

Seems that Syndney, melbourne and I guess Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide could (population-wise) probably support multiple comic shops, but is there the interest? Always figures you Aussies would be spending more time drinking, grilling and doing outdoor sports/activities than playing with comics.

Sorry, but I have ask..

What exactly is the meaning of the word "whay"?

Whay = what. Y'see, the "t" is right next to the "y" on the keyboard.

And honestly: "but CGC intials do not stand that" ... What is hell is that!!??

Simply insert the word "for" between "stand" and "that" and it aaaall comes together.

Now just relax. You gonna be okay?

The funny part is CGC (Comic Grading Company) like that is whay CGC stands for..I mean I know it is a comic grading company ..but CGC intials do not stand that...