• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #84

10 posts in this topic

Looks like some tanning and/or dust shadows. That little peek at the inner pages suggests tanning. I'd call this 6.0

OCPG lists its value in this grade as $24

The cover is in a nice condition. Would tanning really bring it down as far as 6.0 (or even 5.5)? Maybe a 7.5/8.0 is a bit too optimistic at second glance, but these grades technically also allow (light) tanning. correct?

I do see what you're saying about the tanning, but there is also at least 4 creases along the front spine (two sorta nasty ones in the circle with Angel in it), a corner crease at the top left front spine, some kind of chipping going on right next to that crease (hard to tell what that is), what looks like a wrinkle at the top left area on the back cover, some edge wear at the top right corner on the back, another wrinkle and crease at the back lower right 1" below the staple, and in addition to the tanning a pretty distinct dust shadow on the spine. On the back lower left corner right below the ads logo is a diagonal line that might be another crease or perhaps another dust shadow.

All are IMHO of course. Perhaps as high as 6.5

I do see what you're saying about the tanning, but there is also at least 4 creases along the front spine (two sorta nasty ones in the circle with Angel in it), a corner crease at the top left front spine, some kind of chipping going on right next to that crease (hard to tell what that is), what looks like a wrinkle at the top left area on the back cover, some edge wear at the top right corner on the back, another wrinkle and crease at the back lower right 1" below the staple, and in addition to the tanning a pretty distinct dust shadow on the spine. On the back lower left corner right below the ads logo is a diagonal line that might be another crease or perhaps another dust shadow.

At third glance I agree ..... (thumbs u

At third glance I agree ..... (thumbs u

:acclaim: OCD! OCD! OCD!

What is the value here is that it was your dads. I would box up 30 of the favorites (this copy for example and better shape ones) in a time capsule and hide it from myself. the LTV on a reprint book in mid grade is not healthy. Nothing from that era is worth slabbing unless 9.4 or better.