• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST ATLAS Westerns, Millie, PRE HERO SLABS, Horror & Mystery DISCOUNTS

180 posts in this topic

ok, think that is it tonight.

Will list some more stuff tomorrow after lunch, and then again same time tomorrow night. There are some incredible books still to come, especially some spectacular Rawhide Kids in uber high grade.

If you are interested in something and one time works better than the other, I will try to accommodate if possible. LMK

Evening would be nice to allow those that can't participate during the day due to work.

Evening would be nice to allow those that can't participate during the day due to work.

OK, I will hold off listing tomorrow, and list more stuff tomorrow night. I will try to have everything ready so that listings go faster.

I have seen and owned a lot of Atlas books and never seen that stamp before.

Mike

Since he mentioned it, it does look like it was printed on there. Never really considered it before.

It doesn't show on the scans on the Atlas Tales website. It must be a stamp, although it is pretty fine printing.

I don't think that's a stamp - you'll never find a stamp like that in the period. What it looks to me is that it's from a typewriter, which is more in line with the finer markings and the way that it oriented - would fit nicely length-wise but not vertically.

Mike

Since he mentioned it, it does look like it was printed on there. Never really considered it before.

It doesn't show on the scans on the Atlas Tales website. It must be a stamp, although it is pretty fine printing.

I don't think that's a stamp - you'll never find a stamp like that in the period. What it looks to me is that it's from a typewriter, which is more in line with the finer markings and the way that it oriented - would fit nicely length-wise but not vertically.

A typical manual type-writer would deeply indent/emboss the letters into the paper unless the person were being super, super careful. I can't recall seeing anything like this, Atlas or otherwise.

Mike

A typical manual type-writer would deeply indent/emboss the letters into the paper unless the person were being super, super careful. I can't recall seeing anything like this, Atlas or otherwise.

Plus, might be hard to get a comic in a type writer without destroying it....