• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some help with this Sketch comic, please.

45 posts in this topic

Here is a comic I'm interested in. Out of courtesy please don't snipe it unless it's something you were already planning to bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Avengers-1-CGC-SS-9-8-Iron-Man-Sketch-Castrillo-/260805178441?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D964989024030458596

I'm not very familiar with SS sketch comics, but I'm to understand this is a blank cover variety with original art from Anthony Castrillo, correct? What would be a fair price for it, and how do you price Signature Series sketch art?

I think the art on this one is beautiful! I'm willing to pay for it, but I'd still like to only pay fair market value - or even a hair over.

As a side note: If any of you have for sale (or have seen for sale) alternatives you can suggest I'm also open to look at other options. Bottom line, I'd love to own an original art sketch cover.

That is Adonis' book (GODOFTHUNDER). At the price it is at right now it is a huge bargain. It is a deal at 2x where it is right now. Get in on that action. I have several Castrillos and I feel like he has created some of the greatest sketch cover artwork of all time.

I'm not very familiar with SS sketch comics, but I'm to understand this is a blank cover variety with original art from Anthony Castrillo, correct?

You are right on the money. The cover had only the logo on it before Mr. Castrillo added Iron Man. Like this:

63_241926_0_AvengersVol41CPart1.jpg

What would be a fair price for it, and how do you price Signature Series sketch art?

Books with sketches like this are very subjective as far as value. What might be a $300 book to one person may be 25¢ fodder to the next guy. One good place to start is what the artist charges to do the sketch in the first place. In Anthony Catrillo's case I believe (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) his sketches with full color like this start around $175 including CGC fees. It's been awhile since I participated in one of his opps but that seems close. As for fair value on this particular one? I'd put it at $200 give or take.

I think the art on this one is beautiful! I'm willing to pay for it, but I'd still like to only pay fair market value - or even a hair over.

As said before, Anthony turns out some of the most fantastic sketch covers out there. We've been very fortunate that he's a member here and offered us the chance to commission these on more than one occasion. If this one doesn't work out, you might contact him and see when he plans to give us another opp. He's Marvel1965 on the boards.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks guys,i appreciate the words.

As far as Opps are concerned,this was/is the last one since im taking on full time work. Ill explain more as the as finish off these books.

Sorry to derail your thread USAP.

mac

Derail? This thread pertains to your art work so that's impossible. It's actually an honor to have you here.

Truth be told I didn't even know who you were until I ran across this comic. I was searching through sketch comics Ebay and yours was the only one that had that wow factor. So I Googled you and found your website. Your work is incredible!

If you think that is something, check these out:

IMG00243-20110119-2213.jpg

IMG00244-20110119-2213.jpg

IMG00245-20110119-2214.jpg

IMG00246-20110119-2215.jpg

And my favorite in my entire collection:

IMG00248-20110119-2217.jpg

donkey