• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's brave enough to bid on these?

50 posts in this topic

Yes please don't bid on any of them, especially the 20,31,42 and both TOS. I'll be their huckleberry, my CC company can always issue a chargeback. I am newer to Paypal, am I not protected there as well?

Advise please, as I will be hammering that 31 and both TOS, they are books that I have been looking for in high grade for quite some time.

Thanks in advance forumites

I think you should hammer all 3 and let us know how it goes (thumbs u

Why thank you!

I have been mainly in PM mode, lurking and learning, so many friendly collectors!

Regarding my question with Paypal, am I protected their as well, they make it seem so, but before I drop this kind of money I just wondered if anyone has any experience with this .

Thanks!!

Depends on how smart the scammer is. In theory, yes you are protected by PP. However, there are ways around that.

The Hulk 181 looks like a Heritage scan and the ASM 31 is a CL scan. Could have been saved a while ago though.

True, although not having a scanner available for all those big books is absurd.

She may have a scanner.

If I win a book from an auction house I save the scans.

Being lazy I'll use their scans if I decide to sell a book rather than doing my own.

Yeah, but some of the books had scans, whilst some had photos.

Who's brave enough to bid on these?

Brave enough, no.

Stupid enough, that would be me... doh!

Yeah, for some reason I didn't see all of the other "suspect" books for sale. I only saw the ASM 42 9.4, and it looked like a book in their possession. Chances are I'll be outbid soon anyways.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130537955793&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As I thought, I was outbid anyways, so it's a moot point. I would, however, love to know if any of these transactions are legit, so if anyone hears anything, keep us posted.

So far, three items have gotten close-ish to GPA (including the Hulk 181) with a couple of zero feedback bidders entering the fray at the last minute (one of the items was won by a brand new bidder).

The 31 was won by yours truly, although it seems like I was shilled to death? Any thoughts?

If the auction is legit, (and the concensus says it isn't), then you've done quite well (the book went for 10% below GPA).

The 19 and 36 went for marginally above GPA, although the bidding didn't look shilly in those auctions. I assume you're the new zero bidder.

Didn't affect many prices.... except the Hulk 181. That went for a song at $3300.

ASM 31 was a little soft.

Sorry to the new owner of the ASM 20 9.0.... notes said RUST on bottom staple.