• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Grade A Comic?

60 posts in this topic

There's a whole movement out there against CGC " purists". IMO there's enough collected masterworks to read the stories,and still enjoy my original books graded.F-em! meh

Same thoughts here..If I wanna read em ill get the reprints

I think slabbing keys, especially older ones, is a prudent thing to do strictly for preservation.

Yellow labels are great for sig verification.

Everything else is gravy, just crack and read but at least you know what quality you're buying 2c

I have to believe that putting a comic in a mylar bag with an acid free board will preserve the book better than the slab.

I agree with everything else you said for the most part (thumbs u

Comics have to worthy to be slebbed. Having your comics slabed is the best thing you can do for them. Especially, if your like me and just cant keep your hands off them. I say buy 'em raw, read it. Then if it's trully prescious to you you'll do the right thing and give it a proper home from CGC.

Comics have to worthy to be slebbed. Having your comics slabed is the best thing you can do for them. Especially, if your like me and just cant keep your hands off them. I say buy 'em raw, read it. Then if it's trully prescious to you you'll do the right thing and give it a proper home from CGC.

This is the post of the day.

Mylar can be bent. Corners could still be dented. liquids can still get in.

If you love it, slab it.

My slab could get pushed out of a window :makepoint:

Mylar can be bent. Corners could still be dented. liquids can still get in.

If you love it, slab it.

Most slabs are not waterproof. There is a rather simple test to find out if yours happens to be.

My goal is to collect issues of the "core" titles (Spidey, FF, Hulk, Cap, Avengers, X-Men, Iron Man, Thor) issue #1-#100 (or the 1st 100 issues since their appearance i.e. Hulk, Cap, Thor, Iron Man) in lower grade "readers" to accompany HG slabs of the same issues.

This will take a while :preach:

There's a whole movement out there against CGC " purists". IMO there's enough collected masterworks to read the stories,and still enjoy my original books graded.F-em! meh

Also my strategy. High grade, nicely-presenting originals of the books that really mean the most to me, while enjoying reading complete runs of stories in Masterworks, Archives or trade paperbacks. A system that works perfectly for me, which is all I need be concerned about. (thumbs u

"Most slabs are not waterproof. There is a rather simple test to find out if yours happens to be."

the outside might not be but you can see the inner core is sealed. Duh
So I can play with my slabs while taking a bath? :insane:

(Yeah, I know I'm leaving myself open...)