• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Grade A Comic?

60 posts in this topic

If you really look at the market. Most comics are not slabworthy,as most are just readers. What are there like maybe 200 keys tops?

Does anybody really want to get all 700 issues of Batman slabbed?

All 600 plus issues of the Amazing Spider-man slabbed?

I mean you can, but it will cost you more than buying a mid-grade AF 15.

To each his own but you won`t see me getting my run of Suicide Squad or 1990`s Spectre slabbed. :)

Mylar can be bent. Corners could still be dented. liquids can still get in.

If you love it, slab it.

Corners can be (and are) dented in slabs. Liquids can get into slabs. Slabs can be shattered or broken. You don't get bugs in Mylars if you're careful.

Next.

If you love it, slab it.

I much prefer some kleenex but if a slab floats your boat, and that's the kind of freak you are, then raise your flag full mast and let that beotch fly. (thumbs u

If you love it, slab it.

Slabs can be cracked, comics can get shaken, liquids can still get in. (shrug)

[EDIT] - damn you boozad! :mad:lol

Comics have to worthy to be slebbed. Having your comics slabed is the best thing you can do for them. Especially, if your like me and just cant keep your hands off them. I say buy 'em raw, read it. Then if it's trully prescious to you you'll do the right thing and give it a proper home from CGC.

This is the post of the day.

Which part, the "slebbed" or the "slabed" ?

I'm all for debates and people disagreeing with CGC, if you can back it up... I honestly used to think that anything other than keys or yellow labels were a bit silly, but then I realized - some things are notoriously difficult to get in 9.8/HG, but MOST (especially modern) things are not rare to buy in reader copy copy from, so why not get higher grade things slabbed if you love it? Like somebody else said, "If you love it, then slab it", and that goes for ANY comic (whether it has a print run of 50,000 - if you love it and it means something to YOU, then who is to say it's stupid).

That aside, this comic strip was cringe worthy... I didn't understand the FAILED ebonic's talk - it was totally irrelevant and ignorant, and made a totally valid point (the CGC is stupid debate, or whatever you want to call it) completely discreditable.

BUT, I do <3 mylers, and there is nothing wrong with mylers, nothing wrong with raws and even unbagged and unboarded comics, but there IS something wrong with dumb comic strips.

lol

My 2c

the-rack-psa-3-fixed.jpg

Comics have to worthy to be slebbed. Having your comics slabed is the best thing you can do for them. Especially, if your like me and just cant keep your hands off them. I say buy 'em raw, read it. Then if it's trully prescious to you you'll do the right thing and give it a proper home from CGC.

So far, I'm loving your work, mate. (worship)

So far, I'm loving your work, mate. (worship)

He's a thief. Ghandi said the same thing once.

If you love it, slab it.

Sounds exactly like a slab. hm

If you love your comic, set it free from the slab :thumbsup:

There's a whole movement out there against CGC " purists". IMO there's enough collected masterworks to read the stories,and still enjoy my original books graded.F-em! meh

+1. Plus, by having it in a case, I'm sort of protecting the book from getting destroyed by myself or my sister, should she ever become angry at me.

Happy birthday to me. :cloud9:

I think slabs also satisfy certain OCD inclinations. I'd love to have all my books slabbed, even though very few are, in my opinion, slab-worthy.

Also...for those saying slabs are vulnerable (which I do not dispute)...bullet-proof vests will not stop all bullets, but if you were in a gunfight would you feel just as safe in a mylar vest?

Happy birthday to me. :cloud9:

Hey, it's Friday up here in Canada. Who could ask for anything more?

:cloud9: