• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 cheap

28 posts in this topic

Yes, I know that Amazing Spider-man #129 has become the new Hulk 181 on these boards.....so I am not helping maters much, but if someone is looking for a cheap copy:

ASM #129

I really love the description, "small corner missing from the back". foreheadslap.gif

I did the same exact thing! 27_laughing.gif

lol....I was looking at the LLC of the back page, thinking that it doesn't look that bad for missing a piece. confused-smiley-013.gif

then I glanced at the ULC...... 893whatthe.gif

Do I have to admit the same...........I thought wow, I've seen worse and then my eyes wandered north and in the words of Emmeril.....BAM!!!!! tonofbricks.gif

I really love the description, "small corner missing from the back".

I'd hate to see a book he was selling with a large piece missing. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

or water damage....it would come out of the bag still dripping wet foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Because it's the back cover that is missing the pieces, it could grade as high as FR/GD 1.5. (Overstreet guide allows up to 1/10th of the back cover to be missing in this grade.) This book looks like it is missing just about 1/10th of the back cover, so it's right on the edge of this grade.

At the next lower grade, FR 1.0 copies can have the entire back cover missing, OR up to 1/4 of the front cover missing.

I think this book is probably a FR/GD 1.5 because, aside from the chunks out of the back cover which do not exceed 10% of the cover, it is not an unattractive copy.

so do you think this comic is in POOR condition...or is it FAIR?

That's my personal opinion too, but Overstreet disagrees with our expertise on the matter. confused.gif (How can a book with the entire back cover missing be considered a "collectible" copy?)

I don't care what you say - if a book is missing an entire back cover, it's POOR!!! smile.gif

I would rate this book a fair or fair+ depending on the condition of the rest of the book.

No, I think that under the current grading standard, Poor is considered virtually "uncollectable" with little to no eye appeal and little to no collector value, and includes coverless copies. (OGG says that coverless copies are actually among the best sellers of Poor comics. Ask Ian Levine why that may be true.) There is a bottom of the scale that they call "Incomplete," but Overstreet's discussion of that references books that are so badly degraded that they are essentially falling apart in your hands and cannot even be used as spare parts for restoration of another copy.

well, poo poo on Overstreet!!! ;p

I mean, c'mon, missing a whole BACK cover?? I guess to distinguish from coverless.. but isn't "coverless" a condition theoretically less than Poor?

Me too. I have learned more about comics in the two and a half months that I've been reading this board than I did in the 25 years prior. It's a great resource.

I learn something new everyday. smile.gif