• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Simpsons Episode Ever?

67 posts in this topic

The episode that made me laugh the most was the one where Homer gained

all that weight so that he could work from home because he was "disabled".

I keep waiting for that one to be shown again on re-runs.

Should have read all the post first...wow make that 2 things we agree on...

simpkitchenps.jpg

27_laughing.gif

The episode that made me laugh the most was the one where Homer gained

all that weight so that he could work from home because he was "disabled".

I keep waiting for that one to be shown again on re-runs.

Should have read all the post first...wow make that 2 things we agree on...

simpkitchenps.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Yeah I have quite a little set of simpsons figures that I keep in my office at work.I have been looking for a fat homer, but I really just dont want to drop the coin on one..I did just add the toy fare CBG to my set last weekend...and I got it for free....funny things is that I am not the biggest simpsons figure collector in my office...the guy right next to me has every single simpsons figure ever made...it is quite a sight... ooo.gif

lol....I have the Fat Homer set-up. It's pretty cool. The best Simpsons Item I have though is the Krusty Doll (from THOH). It's even go tthe Good/Evil Switch on it.

I have been looking for a fat homer, but I really just dont want to drop the coin on one..

Is this a HTF item? What kind of prices does it bring? I got mine from a psycho-ex. I'd sell it to you. confused-smiley-013.gif

I own that fat Homer toy. "All my life I've been an obese man in a fat man's body..."

Three of my personal favorites are:

Radio Bart. When Bart throws his radio down the well and uses the thing Homer gave him for his birthday to become Timmy O'Toole. There are too many funny lines in that one to quote but... when Willy realizes that there's someone down the well, he runs to his tractor and before he gets on it, he takes a drink from his flask saying "Have a little nip o' courage." How many times I've said that.

The Monorail episode. Phil Hartman is genius. I think this was Leonard Nemoy's first appearance. Clearly he's ok with making fun of himself. Krusty's going to jump of the train and Nemoy pulls him back in saying "No. The world needs laughter." Or when Homer finally stops the train by anchoring it to a donut (after thinking of Bart as the anchor "Think harder Homer.") he says, "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

Separate Vocations. When Bart becomes a cop/hall monitor. When he's on his ride along with Lou and Eddie and they drive by the motel with the mayor's car in it. "That's the mayor's car. Right now, he's 'polling' the electorate." Cut to the mayor: "How'd you like a street named after you baby?" Or the entrance into scene two right out of an hour-long 70's drama: Part II: Death Drives a Stick. It's got the music and everything.

So much. If you don't own the first three seasons on DVD, check them out. Especially season 3 because it's got audio commentary. They talk a lot about the guest stars (yes, Michael Jackson) and what they wanted to do. Pretty fun by itself.

'THE SIMPSONS' ACTORS GET HUGE PAY RISE

The actors who voice "The Simpsons" are delighted with a huge pay rise, which sees them earning millions of dollars for their work on the hit animation show.

The actors, which include Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright, who voice Homer and Bart respectively, are thrilled with their new contract following their battle with TV bosses at 20th Century Fox Television for a pay rise to $8 million each for the 22-episode 2004-05 season.

The series producer explains, "We couldn't be happier to have reached a multi-year deal with the enormously talented cast of 'The Simpsons.'"

The loss of even a few episodes of the animated hit show -- a bulwark of Fox TV's schedule -- would be financially painful for the network.

The actors were earning $125,000 an episode before their contract dispute.

'THE SIMPSONS' ACTORS GET HUGE PAY RISE

The actors who voice "The Simpsons" are delighted with a huge pay rise, which sees them earning millions of dollars for their work on the hit animation show.

The actors, which include Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright, who voice Homer and Bart respectively, are thrilled with their new contract following their battle with TV bosses at 20th Century Fox Television for a pay rise to $8 million each for the 22-episode 2004-05 season.

The series producer explains, "We couldn't be happier to have reached a multi-year deal with the enormously talented cast of 'The Simpsons.'"

The loss of even a few episodes of the animated hit show -- a bulwark of Fox TV's schedule -- would be financially painful for the network.

The actors were earning $125,000 an episode before their contract dispute.

makes you want to start going to voice auditions! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I love the ones where Krusty is being spending too much money and all his accountants are on his case as he lights a cigar with an Action 1 !

or when Side Show Bob marries Selma....or Side Show Bob has a brother (David Hyde Pierce) and Bart jumps behind him, covers his eyes and says "guess who?" - and he answers "Marius ?" -

Brillant.......absolute brillance -

I love the ones where Krusty is being spending too much money and all his accountants are on his case as he lights a cigar with an Action 1 !

or when Side Show Bob marries Selma....or Side Show Bob has a brother (David Hyde Pierce) and Bart jumps behind him, covers his eyes and says "guess who?" - and he answers "Marius ?" -

Brillant.......absolute brillance -

the show has always had brilliant writing...some of the best quips in the biz! thumbsup2.gif

How about episodes with Comicbook Man? I especially love the one where he develops a relationship with Principal Skinner's mom. Bart gains access to the store, and discovers the secret basement tapes, leading to Comicbook Man's arrest. CM:"Wait for me while I'm in prison!" Mrs. Skinner: "No way, honey, my bones are turning to dust!"

A woman brings a box of Star Wars memorabilia into the store and asks how much he'll pay.... "Mmm, an early Lucas proto-copy of Star Wars (Chewbacca is Luke's father)....etc etc (rare and rarer).... I'll give you 5 bucks".

Some of my favorite episodes were already mentioned except for "A Fish Called Selma" where Troy Mclure stars in Planet of the Apes...the musical!

Also certain scenes from some episodes stand out like the one where Stan Lee swears he can turn into the Hulk. Hilarious! When Krusty played the Apollo theater with his "K"rusty "K"omedy "K"lassics!

Some of my favorite episodes were already mentioned except for "A Fish Called Selma" where Troy Mclure stars in Planet of the Apes...the musical!

Apes: "He can talk! He can talk! He can talk....."

Troy: "I can siiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!"

"Help us Dr. Zayus!"

"Dr. Zayus, Dr. Zayus....."

Bart: "This play is everything!"

Classic episode! thumbsup2.gif

Some of my favorites are:

Homer becomes head of the Union & organizes a strike. -"Dental plan......Lisa needs braces.....Dental plan......Lisa needs braces..."

Homer gets a gun, "But Marge, I swear I never would have kept it if I knew you'd find out."

The softball episode, of course.

But my all-time fave is the Pee-Wee Hockey. There are so many classic lines in that one. It just dwarves all others. -"Okay pie, I'm going to go like this, 'chomp-chomp', and if you get eaten, it's your own fault"

My vote goes to the Halloween episode where home "fixes" the toaster and it sends him back in time. He tries to avoid disrupting the prehistoric past but eventually manages to change the time line repeatedly! Even creating a reality where Flanders is the supreme ruler! thumbsup2.gif

That gets my vote as well! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan