• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your three current favourite comics

182 posts in this topic

captamer1.jpg

fantastic3-1.jpg

jumbo10.jpg

I guessed 2 out of 3 but didnt see jumbo 10 doh!

I didn't either. I thought sure it would be either Marvel 1 or Subby 1

Can't argue with his choices though, damn fine funny books one and all

I found this really hard. I think I love all my children equally. hm

Here's three I settled on, but they're representatives of wider groups that are my favourites (Barks Ducks, EC sci-fi and GGA) as much as anything:

four_color_223_dd_lost_andes_mgc_01.jpg

WS_15.jpg

wings_87.jpg

You can disregard my last post. I spent a while looking through my scans to pick three favs. It's almost impossible to pick between the many Xela airbrush covers, and Maurice Whitman's work appeals to me across such a large number of Fiction House titles that three just doesn't seem fair. I'm even excluding that beautiful Strange Worlds copy that Rich Evans has. That being said, I had to settle on these three.

RAD49E8520091014_17388.jpg

Startling53001.jpg

Planet66FC.jpg

I only own 3 GA books at the moment, but they are way up there on my favorites list. I have a few on the way, one of which will definitely be in my top 3 as soon as it arrives.

Nightmare13.jpg

Wow :o the colors on the Sea Princeses are amazing :applause:

Have to think about this

Two are easy but what is #3? Anyone care to guess my 1&2 (shrug)

Pep #34 for sure - probably twice! And Fantastic #3 twice as well - if not more!

Believe it or not but fantastic 3 didn't make my top 3 :o

This is a very interesting thread as it forces people to really think about what is important to them in a comic since only three can be chosen. I'm working on it and have come to the conclusion that a combo of cover, interior art, storyline, overall significance of the issue and personal attachment are all important to me. It seems from the comments that many people are choosing based on cover alone, although I may have misinterpretted this. I'd be interested to know why each of you has selected your issues and therefore what is important to us as collectors.

Mike