• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. TDcomicscards or "How I learned to Start Worrying and Hate CGG"

106 posts in this topic

To respond to the suggestion that we are simply trying to switch blame

to a seller rather than blame ourselves, I would like to say we had

originally stated in a past post it is possible we became lack with this sellers

books as we had built up some trust with him. It was easy to know which books

were his when they came through because of the uniqueness of many of the

books, and receiving multiples of the same books. The two restored books that

had trimming made us reconsider this as the trimming was very amatuer and

very unlikely to have been overlooked. Amatuer color touch, especially with

any obvious bleed through seems unlikely also, but we are trying to do the

best thing, although I am not sure what that is. To simply blame ourselves

is not fair if we did not miss the restro, to blame the seller may not be the

fair thing to do, and to blame anyone else is unfair. If we knew the truth

of the situation we would resolve the situation. If this was a grevious error

on our part we assure you this will not occur in the future.

Daniel

You know Daniel, maybe it would be in your best interest to not say anything at all. I love how you "sort of" make mistakes, "maybe"...

It would be too easy to go through this paragraph and criticize, especially since you've admitted now to having a service that is non-impartial.

I can't believe I'm doing this... but a word of advice: Trust no one. Grade every book the same way, and hire or designate someone to "blind" the books from you and the other graders.

Graders should not know who has submitted the books, or they will "trust" the submitter not to have submitted a restored book and skip the restoration check which is EXACTLY what happened with these books. That is ENTIRELY your fault, and you are to blame for having a system in place that allows for such biases.

Your advertised service is grading with restoration check. If you don't do both with every book that comes in the door then you will keep getting egg on your face.

Kev

originally stated in a past post it is possible we became lack with this sellers

Daniel

You know Daniel, maybe it would be in your best interest to not say anything at all. I love how you "sort of" make mistakes, "maybe"...

It would be too easy to go through this paragraph and criticize, especially since you've admitted now to having a service that is non-impartial.

I can't believe I'm doing this... but a word of advice: Trust no one. Grade every book the same way, and hire or designate someone to "blind" the books from you and the other graders.

Graders should not know who has submitted the books, or they will "trust" the submitter not to have submitted a restored book and skip the restoration check which is EXACTLY what happened with these books. That is ENTIRELY your fault, and you are to blame for having a system in place that allows for such biases.

Your advertised service is grading with restoration check. If you don't do both with every book that comes in the door then you will keep getting egg on your face.

Kev

Don't beat around the bush, what are you really trying to say? 27_laughing.gif

Better check your DC 100 pager 4

Yeah, you must remember me writing about this book on another thread. Since it did come from TD this thought did occur to me. I am no restoration detection expert. Should I just buy a black light and hold the book up to the light to look for a color touch? I have not yet taken it out of the bulging CGG case. This Weird Mystery DC #4 is a very nice copy at CGG 8.5 white. I am guessing CGC would give it a 9.0 or a 9.2 but I am worried about a slight CT as TD is known for that. Someday I'll send it in to CGC but I am still wary of that 3 month + turnaround and paying for the more expensive service is just not worth it to me for a book worth less than $300. -----Sid

So it boils down to this:

"Sorry you caught us giving sweetheart deals to TDComix. Now that we have been caught we will never do it again. Now we are REALLY, TRULY, an impartial grading service and you can take that to the bank."

Am I the only one who notices that as the pressure mounts, Daniel's emails become less coherent? Someone remind him that when the chips are down, that is the time to keep your cool and at least make an attempt to maintain your facade of professionalism, especially as you are admitting that you aren't really impartial.

By the way -- nice of him to admit that he gave sweetheart deals to TDComix, eh? It's good to get confirmation on what everyone else already seemed to know.

Some impartial third-party grading service....

10_4_2.gif

CGG stated......

You are welcome to post this.

Daniel

We do, however, not let people become/stay CGC member dealers and submit books FOR OTHER PEOPLE if we know they are shady.

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPOSE THE GUY WHO TRIMMED AND

ARTIFICIALLY AGED THE BATMAN #11 ON HERITAGE!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We do, however, not let people become/stay CGC member dealers and submit books FOR OTHER PEOPLE if we know they are shady.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When someone sends in submissions, they sign an agreement(submission form). Part of that agreement states that we, CGC, will not disclose any information about them or their book(s) to anyone except that person. I am not going to get CGC into a lawsuit with the submitter of the Bat # 11.

As a lawyer (and as much as I'd like to know who it is), I would recommend the same thing to any client of mine. This is the right thing to do. Lay off about ID'ing the submitter of the Bats 11 guys.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When someone sends in submissions, they sign an agreement(submission form). Part of that agreement states that we, CGC, will not disclose any information about them or their book(s) to anyone except that person. I am not going to get CGC into a lawsuit with the submitter of the Bat # 11.

This thread is much like that Tuesday night Press Conference last week where it was all different reporters asking the same question over and over again, but this time CGG is no G-Dubya when it comes to producing deflecting replies... popcorn.gif

You thought G-Dubya was that good? I know. i know.. no political talk! gossip.gif

This thread is much like that Tuesday night Press Conference last week where it was all different reporters asking the same question over and over again, but this time CGG is no G-Dubya when it comes to producing deflecting replies... popcorn.gif

Lawyers and Accounting Firms can be LLP's.

And architects too, in California.

That's ok - lawyers don't know everything

How does the saying go? "Lawyers are often wrong, but never uncertain."

Lawyers and Accounting Firms can be LLP's.

And architects too, in California.

That's ok - lawyers don't know everything

How does the saying go? "Lawyers are often wrong, but never uncertain."

I think lawyers get a bad rap. I have great respect for lawyers. Your whole perception is based off of if one is for you or against you, just like with cops and the way they can protect you or be after you. ----Sid