• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Favorite Adams Covers Poll: Finals Contest and Donations

191 posts in this topic

Prize Closet:

Original Art Commissions:

1. Adams cover reproduction or re-imagining, fully inked and 11X17 in size. Your choice, any Adams cover (Mrlatko) - otherworldsj33

2. Digitally colored Tec 405 re-imagining print 12x18, plus 2 posters 24x36 of Superman 233 and Batman 251 (Ajl007) - Batcollector

3. Drawing based on the winning cover. Scaled down Halloweenized version of the winning image. (Shiverbones) - Highvoltage

Comics:

4. 4.0-5.0 raw Batman #227 (Kimik) - Voorhees

5. 6.5-7.0 raw House of Mystery lot: 175, 176, 179 (Mrlatko) - Zonkers

6. 4.0 raw Detective lot: 369, 370 (Batcollector)

7. Mid grade raw lot: Green Lantern 84, Superman 240, Detective 402, Batman 224 (Hibou) - Kimik

8. VG raw Batman 255 (Sandflea)

9. 8.5 CGC OW/W From Beyond the Unknown #6 (Dover) - Scooter99

10. Raw Detective lot: mid-grade #405 double cover, 9.0/9.2 #416 (Otherworldsj33) - paperheart

11. 6.0 raw Tomahawk #116, signed in gold pen by Neal Adams (Highvoltage) -Ajl007

Books:

12. "Art of Neal Adams" softcover (Mrlatko) - Hibou

13. "Neal Adams Sketch Book" hardcover, signed by Neal on the first page (Mrlatko) - TeddieMercede

14. "Batman Illustrated" by Neal Adams Volume #3 Hardcover (TeddieMercede) - Highvoltage

Boomtown is on the clock. Please choose one prize from the above list by posting your claim in this thread.

Again winners please contact the people donating the prize so you can coordinate receiving your item.

Prize Closet:

1. Adams cover reproduction or re-imagining, fully inked and 11X17 in size. Your choice, any Adams cover (Mrlatko) - otherworldsj33

2. Digitally colored Tec 405 re-imagining print 12x18, plus 2 posters 24x36 of Superman 233 and Batman 251 (Ajl007) - Batcollector

3. Drawing based on the winning cover. Scaled down Halloweenized version of the winning image. (Shiverbones) - Highvoltage

Comics:

6. 4.0 raw Detective lot: 369, 370 (Batcollector)

7. Mid grade raw lot: Green Lantern 84, Superman 240, Detective 402, Batman 224 (Hibou) - Kimik

8. VG raw Batman 255 (Sandflea)

10. Raw Detective lot: mid-grade #405 double cover, 9.0/9.2 #416 (Otherworldsj33) - paperheart

11. 6.0 raw Tomahawk #116, signed in gold pen by Neal Adams (Highvoltage) -Ajl007

Books:

13. "Neal Adams Sketch Book" hardcover, signed by Neal on the first page (Mrlatko) - TeddieMercede

14. "Batman Illustrated" by Neal Adams Volume #3 Hardcover (TeddieMercede) - Highvoltage

Boozad is on the clock. Please choose one prize from the above list by posting your claim in this thread.

Again winners please contact the people donating the prize so you can coordinate receiving your item.

Two lots left of low grade Adams comics. Any of the remaining players care to lay their claim to either of the remaining two prizes?

4.0 raw Detective lot: 369, 370 (Batcollector)

VG raw Batman 255 (Sandflea)

17. Boozad: 13 (7) (1) (0) (7) (4)

18. Brian48: 13 (7) (1) (0) (7) (2)

19. Etanick: 12 (6) (2) (2)

20. prodigy44: 12 (6) (2) (1) (5) (8 4+4)

21. Sandflea: 12 (6) (2) (1) (5) (6 4+2)

22. oakman29: 12 (6) (2) (0)

23. shiverbones: 9

24. Dover: 8 (6) (0) (1)

25. RockMyAmadeus: 8 (6) (0) (0) (Last in our game, but first in our hearts.)

First come, first served at this point! :baiting:

Prize Closet:

Comics:

6. 4.0 raw Detective lot: 369, 370 (Batcollector) - Sandflea

8. VG raw Batman 255 (Sandflea) - Brian48

Books:

All prizes have been claimed!

OK, I have finally caught my breath after WW Chicago and my tennis championships today. My team repeated as Chicago Park District Mens A League Champions! :o

Thanks to everyone who participated over these months in the Adams polls and contest. Hopefully everyone has contacted their prize donator to arrange delivery. I had a lot of fun putting this together and interacting with the Adams hardcore and casual fans. I wanted to do this right and I think we pulled it off, thanks to you all. I will be shipping out my donations early next week to the winners. Keep spreading the faith! Long live Neal Adams. (worship)

My latest addition to the collection, happens to be the winning cover as voted by the boardies:

bats-227-96-small.jpg

OK, I have finally caught my breath after WW Chicago and my tennis championships today. My team repeated as Chicago Park District Mens A League Champions! :o

Thanks to everyone who participated over these months in the Adams polls and contest. Hopefully everyone has contacted their prize donator to arrange delivery. I had a lot of fun putting this together and interacting with the Adams hardcore and casual fans. I wanted to do this right and I think we pulled it off, thanks to you all. I will be shipping out my donations early next week to the winners. Keep spreading the faith! Long live Neal Adams. (worship)

My latest addition to the collection, happens to be the winning cover as voted by the boardies:

bats-227-96-small.jpg

(worship):o(worship)

Awesome pick-up!!!

It's so funny, but there are soooo many great NEAL ADAMS covers that weren't event in the finals. It's obvious that the most popular issues advanced, and not necessarily the best covers. I've been helping buddy grade/price a collection for resale, and there is just soooo much NEAL ADAMS art adorning the covers of secondary and tertiary DC titles.

On a side note, I'm sad to say, IMHO, NEAL's work for the exclusive ASM variant at our upcoming con is tacky in concept and less than stellar in execution - Spider-Man on skates with a hockey stick... And NEAL just cannot do the THING any justice. The THING even looks odd on the cover of AVENGERS #93. I guess he's NEAL's Achilles heel. :(

Oh well, I'll still be heading over to his booth to say "hello" and discuss his theories.

It's so funny, but there are soooo many great NEAL ADAMS covers that weren't event in the finals. It's obvious that the most popular issues advanced, and not necessarily the best covers. I've been helping buddy grade/price a collection for resale, and there is just soooo much NEAL ADAMS art adorning the covers of secondary and tertiary DC titles.

I was particularly impressed by the Phantom Stranger covers during the first rounds of voting.

Good thing I was sitting down when I saw this. I'm more excited about it then anything I have been in collecitng for a long while. In fact, I almost wish I didn't see it before it got to me, I'm going to be thinking about it all weekend. All I can say is wow !, and stunningly gourgous, haunting and mysterious all at the same time.

And NEAL just cannot do the THING any justice. The THING even looks odd on the cover of AVENGERS #93. I guess he's NEAL's Achilles heel. :(

Avengers 93 is one of my favourite Adams books, but all the FF characters seem weak or a bit odd to me, not just The Thing. After reading the story, time and time again, I eventually tried to make some sense of this anomaly by thinking of it as a group of shapeshifted Skrulls mimicking the FF, but perhaps somewhat inaccurately. As an Adams fan I thought it was strange that such a brilliant artist had problems with the team and was so rubbish at drawing them. Looks like the simplest explanation was right all along. Ah, well. :(

Anyhow, it's a flimsy, gratuitous excuse to post one of my favourite slabs... lol

181783_170878602958400_100001087832702_382939_2946083_n.jpg

And NEAL just cannot do the THING any justice. The THING even looks odd on the cover of AVENGERS #93. I guess he's NEAL's Achilles heel. :(

Avengers 93 is one of my favourite Adams books, but all the FF characters seem weak or a bit odd to me, not just The Thing. After reading the story, time and time again, I eventually tried to make some sense of this anomaly by thinking of it as looking at a group of shapeshifted Skrulls mimicking the FF, but perhaps a bit inaccurately. As an Adams fan I thought it was strange that such a brilliant artist had problems with the team and was so rubbish at drawing them. Looks like the simplest explanation was right all along. Ah, well. :(

Anyhow, it's a flimsy, gratuitous excuse to post one of my favourite slabs... lol

181783_170878602958400_100001087832702_382939_2946083_n.jpg

Sharp book! (thumbs u