• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMG! Just got grades from my 3 free express subs

32 posts in this topic

I'm having a really good day and I just have to share on the boards! I signed up for the Collector's Society membership a couple months ago, but havent had anything spectacular to send in with my express subs.

Looking through my books, I pulled out my three best 20cent ASM's and decided, against my better judgement, to send em in and hope to get some decent grades in time for the movie. So I sent in 108, 113 (doc Ock), and 117. All three are VERY nice. Here were my predictions:

108 - 9.4

113 - 9.2

117 - 9.6

I posted the 117 in the grading forum a few months back and everybody seemed to agree on my 9.6 guess.

So I called CGC today and here are the grades...

108 - 9.8 (now one of four)

113 - 9.6

117 - 9.8 (now one of three)

Apparantly, my grading is too tight for my own good. I'm pumped as hell! laugh.gif

It does seem like everyone's getting good news from CGC lately. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probably, more and more people are learning how to grade the CGC way (i.e. watch out for non-color breaking creases).

Congrats!!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks guys!

Zman - I did submit a bunch of books through Heritage before and waited to open the box. Talk about accelerated ulcer development!

If I had waited to open the box in the post office parking lot like I did last time I darn well may have punched a hole in my convertible roof from excitement.

893whatthe.gif

I had my express coupons and it was less than 2 1/2 weeks from the time I mailed the books till the time I got them back.

thumbsup2.gif

I do have an issue that I'm waiting for CGC to respond back to.

confused.gif

Scans will definitely be posted when these babies come in.

Now I just have to send in the rest of my ASM's from that batch.

DarthDiesel - If you're reading this, didnt you buy one of my ASM's from ebay? It's from this same group so you might want to see if it's worth grading...