• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

It's Jamie Graham of Graham Cracker Comics.

I'll even change the name of my thread so people can search for it from now on.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

Honestly never heard of him till this thread. hm

He jumped into one of my recent threads with some snotty comments. Apparently, he's a *spoon*hole on the forum, at conventions and on voice mail. He'll never see a penny of business from me either.

Since your one of my favorite board members Domo Arigato I will take your word for it and avoid.

Oh my. lol

Now...now...NanaBeth...you're still my number one gal. :luhv:

:screwy:

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

From what I have heard, Jamie has a great reputation as a seller.
From what I've heard and seen firsthand he's a D_O_U_C_H_E.

So, who's the dealer?

He jumped into one of my recent threads with some snotty comments. Apparently, he's a *spoon*hole on the forum, at conventions and on voice mail. He'll never see a penny of business from me either.

Since your one of my favorite board members Domo Arigato I will take your word for it and avoid.

Oh my. lol

But you, Greggy.

You I hate.

And I'm talking a hate that burns with all the hateful hatred that a hating hater can hatefully hate with.

Call me. :wishluck:

Jamie Graham has been extremely pleasant in my transactions and interactions with him. One of my favorite dealers at WW Chicago, in fact.

I have had dozens of transactions with Jamie and have never, ever had an issue. I am sure he would have taken care of the issue had you made contact with him again.

So, who's the dealer?

Oh my. lol

But you, Greggy.

You I hate.

And I'm talking a hate that burns with all the hatefull hatred that a hating hater can hatefully hate with.

Call me. :wishluck:

Jamie is local with multiple stores in the Chicagoland area. I have known him for 20 years. Jamie has always been a little gruff, barks at his employees, sometimes barks at customers including me on occasion. However, his bark is worse than his bite and he is an honest dealer. It doesn't surprise me that the employees at the store knew nothing of his plans. I am 100% sure he will make it right with you if you give him the opportunity.

BTW, I think you have every right to be upset and be annoyed. I know I would be. However, if you want the situation to be rectified, just contact Jamie. He'll make it right.

So, who's the dealer?

From what I have heard, Jamie has a great reputation as a seller.

I have had dozens of transactions with Jamie and have never, ever had an issue. I am sure he would have taken care of the issue had you made contact with him again.

That's your experience....doesn't mean mine didn't occur. Joey...you probably deal with high $$$ comics with him? Maybe not...

The trend that I see is some people who are in the "biz" of comics seem to have good dealings with him. However, almost every person I've mentioned his name to has had some negative story about him. I could post an interesting thread I found where Mr. Graham almost scammed a boardie on a trimmed TOS 39 and only until the boardie posted it on the forum was something done about it (weeks and weeks later). Sounds like someone with a great reputation. :tonofbricks:

And, how would you suggest I go about making contact with him. He doesn't answer his cell, doesn't listen to vmail and apparently his staff at his stores lose multiple messages for him. Even his relative "angry John" said he would tell Jamie about my calls. I spoke to this john guy twice. It's just shady business practices. Plain and simple.

There are other dealers who post on this board who are shady as well, but I am not mentioning any names....

It's over 100 degrees here. Shade is good.

Let me get this straight. Is there something wrong with the books? Did you pay too much for them? He sold you the books and you admit that you made the mistake of purchasing the book(s) that you already own. How is this shady?

Jamie is local with multiple stores in the Chicagoland area. I have known him for 20 years. Jamie has always been a little gruff, barks at his employees, sometimes barks at customers including me on occasion. However, his bark is worse than his bite and he is an honest dealer. It doesn't surprise me that the employees at the store knew nothing of his plans. I am 100% sure he will make it right with you if you give him the opportunity.

BTW, I think you have every right to be upset and be annoyed. I know I would be. However, if you want the situation to be rectified, just contact Jamie. He'll make it right.

Tell me how to do that? For a business owner, he doesn't seem to get messages from him employees? He doesn't check vmail? He doesn't care about customer messages? Seems I've run out of options besides flying to Chicago to pay him a visit.

My only recourse is to post negative stuff on the forum it seems. And, we aren't talking about a lot of money here. He could have avoided all of this if he just called me back. I'm a reasonable guy who has bought and sold a lot on this forum. I've had some amazing deals on this forum and also with other dealers.

I've yet to meet anyone in this hobby who treats their customers worse.

Let me get this straight. Is there something wrong with the books? Did you pay too much for them? He sold you the books and you admit that you made the mistake of purchasing the book(s) that you already own. How is this shady?

It's shady to avoid a customer who has called your store 4 times when they were promised an exchange and then not one call back. It's shady to tell a customer to drive a long way and to not show up.

I love how some here will try to twist things.

Plus, there is other evidence in the search on this forum that can show how this person has had some interesting deals with forum members (the search button was helpful after all this went down with me).

I just want to say Jamie that voice mail message is damn near word for word what mine is on my personal line.

Never heard of you before this thread but now I wanna buy some comics from you. Do you have a website for your stores and do you sell graded Walking Dead comics?

:)

It's shady to avoid a customer who has called your store 4 times when they were promised an exchange and then not one call back. It's shady to tell a customer to drive a long way and to not show up.

I wouldn't call it a shady transaction. It has evolved into a pain in the transaction.

I just want to say Jamie that voice mail message is damn near word for word what mine is on my personal line.

Never heard of you before this thread but now I wanna buy some comics from you. Do you have a website for your stores and do you sell graded Walking Dead comics?

:)

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/

I wouldn't call it a shady transaction. It has evolved into a pain in the transaction.

To me, if someone calls a business asking for an exchange and it was agreed it was okay...and then nobody calls you back...you wait a few days and then call again 4 more times and still no call back...that seems like they are avoiding you....that's shady in my eyes. Maybe not yours....but it is shady to me.

As I said, I spoke to his relative "angry John" twice...was promised a call back. Never got one. Talked to two other people...was promised a call back...still never got one.

I was sad to hear about this Marc. At the end of the day the only thing you can do is avoid giving the man any business and let anyone else that does, learn a lesson on their own. I was warned by a fellow friend and boardie about said dealer, I didn't listen, and learned a lovely lesson myself. I guess knowing what dealers are great and which ones are not is part of the hobby. But I will say this, the point of this forum is to help each other out and watch each others backs and I certainly appreciate it when fellow boardies bring such things to light.

To me, if someone calls a business asking for an exchange and it was agreed it was okay...and then nobody calls you back...you wait a few days and then call again 4 more times and still no call back...that seems like they are avoiding you....that's shady in my eyes. Maybe not yours....but it is shady to me.

As I said, I spoke to his relative "angry John" twice...was promised a call back. Never got one. Talked to two other people...was promised a call back...still never got one.

Who exactly are you waiting on to call you back? Can of the employees not help you out? Does it have to be Jamie?