• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

They ignore the facts and twist words to suit their agenda.

No, they don't agree with you. There's a difference.

So, now that all of this has transpired, what do you hope to accomplish? A refund? An exchange? An educating of the masses on the evils of Graham Cracker Comics?

After all, getting back to the FACTS here, GCC did absolutely NOTHING WRONG! Better yet, JAMIE did nothing wrong! (shrug)

Telling his people to call a Mark 1 back and say the exchange is okay, but not showing up without a callback isn't wrong?

Right! When his guy "Angry John" called me back from their store on Saturday and said he talked to Jamie and Jamie said it was fine for me to go back to the show the next day to exchange it and then Jamie doesn't show up....I guess that wasn't Graham's fault?

Or when I called again on July 5th, 7th and 8th and still didn't get anyone to call me back after they agreed I could exchange the comic including giving them my want list of several other expensive comics I wanted....it's still not Graham's fault?

Johnny G, good luck spending your money with that guy. You deserve him.

What I have learned from this thread

Jamie Graham can be off putting.

Jamie Graham is honest

Hennyclucking

Hennyclucking

Hennyclucking

Use Donut as an intermediary if I have a dispute

Hennyclucking

Did not

Did too

Did not

Did too

Hennyclucking

You know which one keeps coming back to me besides the hennyclucking?

"Jamie Graham is honest"

Can I understand Mark's frustration? yes, I can.

Is it worth this thread? (shrug)

I can tell you one thing though. I'd rather deal with a guy who is irrascible but honest than a friendly dishonest guy.

They ignore the facts and twist words to suit their agenda.

No, they don't agree with you. There's a difference.

So, now that all of this has transpired, what do you hope to accomplish? A refund? An exchange? An educating of the masses on the evils of Graham Cracker Comics?

No, some twist the facts or ignore the facts. Some others don't agree. Either way, i knew what i was getting into when i posted this. I waited a reasonable time to see if the guy or his store would be decent and call me back. Nothing...

And you hit on all facets of what I hope to accomplish. I'd like to get a refund or better yet...how about what I was told...an exchange... I'm in the market fir a low grade JIM 83. Jamie had one or two. I was prepared to do a deal with him the day he decided to not show up. Maybe a deal can be worked out on that or some other comics.

And if not, I hope I've helped someone else in this hobby looking for dealers who care about their customers

And, you, sir, are an intolerable whiner with a hugely inflated sense of self-entitlement.

I'm sure those PMs will start flying in anytime now - just keep on mentioning that you're coming with money to buy more comics :thumbsup:

Inflated sense of entitlement? Where do you conjure up such nonsense. If you say it enough somehow it becomes true? I think not.

No entitlement here. Jamie didn't know how much $ I was potentially buying...he just decided not to deal with me by not calling me back and not having his staff call me. I'm a potential customer like everyone else. When my business isn't worth a call back, I am justified exposing the situation and telling others how I was treated. The only entitlement I expected was some resemblance of customer service.

And, I don't expect any PMs from Graham. Flying Donut is his forum customer service rep.

Seriously, what has it been--eight days since the show ended?

And how many phone calls have you already made?

And then you wait all of a week to call him shady on the boards, lambast his personal voicemail, and try to dig up past "transgressions" (even as a collector, I agree with his stance on the trimmed book)?

Mark, I'm sure you're a great guy, but don't you think a little patience is in order.

Eight days.

I can tell you one thing though. I'd rather deal with a guy who is irascible but honest than a friendly dishonest guy.

Speaking as yourself, you don't deserve anything.

Elementary my dear Watson.

What I have learned from this thread

"Jamie Graham is honest"

Can I understand Mark's frustration? yes, I can.

Is it worth this thread? (shrug)

I can tell you one thing though. I'd rather deal with a guy who is irrascible but honest than a friendly dishonest guy.

How do you know he is honest (if you believe that)? He told his employee that I could come back the next day....next day he doesn't show up. Then I call his store and leave multiple messages for him (not including the vmail on his personal cell phone) and still no call. Not even a call back from his staff saying that Jamie is busy but they can help.

All of it shows a lack of integrity and care for customers/business. You can question if my thread is worth it or not...fine. I feel a thread was warranted considering what I was told and then he and his staff disappeared. Seems dishonest to me.

Buy from whoever you want. I'll do the same.

You know what I would like to see? One day, I would love for a dealer, any dealer, to come on the boards and post a list of all the customers he's never going to deal with again. You know, and list all the reasons why:

They put a comic on hold on Thursday and then came back on Sunday to tell me they bought the same from XYZ because it was cheaper.

They offered me $150 on a $400 comic.

They put a comic on hold and then never came back.

They spent twenty minutes telling me why they couldn't afford Poverty #1 in a CGC 9.8.

They asked for a discount on dollar books.

They just wanted to see it. They have one at home exactly like it and wanted to know what it was worth.

They smelled like azz.

They always ask me for a dealer badge, but then they always buy from someone else.

Mark 1 drove back after speaking with an employee of Jamie Grahm, who told him that he would be there on Sunday, and the return was no problem.

Maybe not publicly posting would have been the more prudent action but I fail to see where everyone thinks he is being a doody for being angry. I would never buy from that seller based on prior situations, which if I remember correctly, involved Flying Donut eventually helping to get it resolved.

You would think in this economy, if you have people willing to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on some paper and ink that they would be thankful. Have some respect for your customers and do the right thing. I don't think I'm the only potential wallet he's lost. (shrug)

I think that about sums it up. The point is customer service and not being tossed around like you do not matter.

I very much appreciate the help that Flying Donut gave me in getting a refund on my trimmed book but here's the problem...it wasn't his responsibility to do so.

Jamie should have been on the phone with me, he should have responded in a reasonable amount of time and in the very least, should have responded to Steve Borock when he stepped in to help me out with my situation. I attempted contact for months before I ever mentioned anything on the boards about my problem, then was ignored for a while long while others attempted to help me, and they too were ignored. And at the end of the day, through it all, I never ONCE spoke to Jamie Graham, who for some reason did not feel I was important enough to respond to. At the end of the day, if your name is on the building, you are truly responsible for the business that goes on in it. That IS bad customer service.

I'm confused as to how the OP's situation is any different with regards to customer service. He was told to drive back to the CON to exchange the book and his time and gas money was wasted. Does it really matter if it was a dollar book or a GA key? At the end of the day all a man has is his word and Jamie Graham's word, if you can get one, doesn't seem to mean all that much unless he's know you forever. My word means everything to me, ask anyone who knows me, and I never let anyone relay a message for me either.

It shouldn't matter whether you spend 1.00 or 10,000.00, you should be treated with respect and given a reasonable amount of courtesy when making a business transaction. Whether its a minor miscommunication about returning to a CON or a major issue like buying a restored book, every customer should to be treated like they matter. No one enjoys having their time wasted.

And, you, sir, are an intolerable whiner with a hugely inflated sense of self-entitlement.

I'm sure those PMs will start flying in anytime now - just keep on mentioning that you're coming with money to buy more comics :thumbsup:

Inflated sense of entitlement? Where do you conjure up such nonsense. If you say it enough somehow it becomes true? I think not.

No entitlement here. Jamie didn't know how much $ I was potentially buying...he just decided not to deal with me by not calling me back and not having his staff call me. I'm a potential customer like everyone else. When my business isn't worth a call back, I am justified exposing the situation and telling others how I was treated. The only entitlement I expected was some resemblance of customer service.

And, I don't expect any PMs from Graham. Flying Donut is his forum customer service rep.

And then you wait all of a week to call him shady on the boards, lambast his personal voicemail, and try to dig up past "transgressions" (even as a collector, I agree with his stance on the trimmed book)?

Mark, I'm sure you're a great guy, but don't you think a little patience is in order.

Eight days.

Seriously?? Your standards are THAT low?!?

What business are you in? When someone calls your business and says they want to spend money, you completely ignore them for at least 8 days? Thats the craziest thing ive ever heard.

Who the hell completely ignores customers for EIGHT days?!? A phone call takes literally 5 minutes. This guy has 30+ employees and no one can make a 5 minute phone call?? Your guys standards are amazingly low that you think 8 days is more than an acceptable amount of time to ignore ANY customer. I'd be out of business in 6 months if i blew off clients like that.

Eight days.

A. I am a nice guy

B. I waited a week to post this. I don't care how busy Jamie is...he has 9 stores and someone who works for him could have called me back in at least a day or two.

C. I called him shady because I think he is shady. I don't trust him and to me that is shady.

D. I made 5 calls. 1 when I got home Saturday and asked if I could go back. (they called me back to say yes), 1 the day he didn't show up. 3 last week to his store. Nothing excessive in my eyes.

I'm in sales and I call my customers back immediately or within 24 hours. That what someone who actually cares about their business would do. I expect nothing less from others. Amost every other dealer I have bought from has showed that level of care for their customers.

You know what I would like to see? One day, I would love for a dealer, any dealer, to come on the boards and post a list of all the customers he's never going to deal with again. You know, and list all the reasons why:

They put a comic on hold on Thursday and then came back on Sunday to tell me they bought the same from XYZ because it was cheaper.

They spent twenty minutes telling me why they couldn't afford Poverty #1 in a CGC 9.8.

They just wanted to see it. They have one at home exactly like it and wanted to know what it was worth.

They smelled like azz.

They always ask me for a dealer badge, but then they always buy from someone else.

Yeah I'd love to do the same for my PITA clients but you know what? They feed my family and pay my bills so your analogy doesn't make any sense. The customer gets the right because we have what business owners want...money. That is the end game and until guys like Graham see that...he will ge moaning that conventions aren't worth it or he's losing customers because of this forum, etc...why because his customer service is dead.

Skip to the end I'm bored now...

I can't see what else can be said on this topic unless it degenerates along the lines of:

"my comic dealer is better than your comic dealer"...."No way my comic guy takes a bath and can see his own feet"...."Oh you'd better enter him in the Olympics then he sounds like Supr-Dude, and I'd wager that his cape and crown look just darling on him"

Or some such nonsense.

Stop buying back issues from the guy...or continue to buy from him. The world will continue to revolve on it's axis.

Cheers

I can't see what else can be said on this topic unless it degenerates along the lines of:

"my comic dealer is better than your comic dealer"...."No way my comic guy takes a bath and can see his own feet"...."Oh you'd better enter him in the Olympics then he sounds like Supr-Dude, and I'd wager that his cape and crown look just darling on him"

Or some such nonsense.

Stop buying back issues from the guy...or continue to buy from him. The world will continue to revolve on it's axis.

Cheers

Are you sure? Ive read its slipping like an inch a year :gossip:

Who the hell completely ignores customers for EIGHT days?!? A phone call takes literally 5 minutes. This guy has 30+ employees and no one can make a 5 minute phone call?? Your guys standards are amazingly low that you think 8 days is more than an acceptable amount of time to ignore ANY customer. I'd be out of business in 6 months if i blew off clients like that.

Me too. I call clients back within 24 hours at the very latest (even the ones wanting refunds, exchanges, discounts, complaints, etc)

Or some such nonsense.

Cheers

Are you sure? Ive read its slipping like an inch a year :gossip:

hm

They smelled like azz.

They ask for covers by Neal Adams, so you go and pull fifteen of them from your boxes, and then they don't buy any.

They pull fifteen books out from the box, inspect them all, and then leave - without putting the books back.

They stand in front of your booth talking, and never buy anything.

They say at show A "get me this book and I'll be sure to buy it" and then at show B when you have the book, they back off.