• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

If somebody had bought that book, that would be the cherry on top of this FUBAR sundae.

The book was sold...someone just posted a :takeit: in the thread.

Oddly, the sales thread was started July 3rd, before any of the phone calls the OP made trying to return the book.

So are we still worried about when these phone calls get returned?

This thread has just jammed its own head up its own keister. doh!

Bored of these shennanigans so posted the :takeit:

He's not joking! :roflmao:

I want him to flip it to me.

Then I'm going to send it back to Jamie gratis.

Of course, I will document the entire affair on the Boards, complete with pics.

If somebody had bought that book, that would be the cherry on top of this FUBAR sundae.

Oddly, the sales thread was started July 3rd, before any of the phone calls the OP made trying to return the book.

I too noticed all of that.

I have been waiting for your post.

I thought Mark had a deal with Jamie to return the book? hm Will Jamie ask to add Mark to the probation list?

This is the NEW selling technique...

Ok, so I bought this 9.8 Hulk #343 from Finghé, but it's a duplicate, so I want to return it...

But I can't get him to return my calls for some crazy reason, so it's now for sale at $350.

Please take it off my hands.

I too noticed all of that.

I have been waiting for your post.

Thank you for your patience while I got up to speed.

I appreciate you not starting a thread complaining about how tardy I was in responding. :foryou:

I thought Mark had a deal with Jamie to return the book? hm Will Jamie ask to add Mark to the probation list?

I can't decide which is more appropriate so i will add both - lol:cry:

Never - its for my collection - oh no I have 3 now doh!

I'll meet you on Sunday.

I'll fly to you. Dover is in Germany & DocJoe in Paris. It'll be fun.

Look for my cell number via PM.

Text me.

Ask for Trump. Or the Donald if you prefer.

Dear Angry John,

I was wondering if you were aware of this sales thread and if you recognize the book and the date it was put up for sale?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=227798&Number=4911135

It seems he's sold the book that was the subject of his error and the phone calls.

Signed,

Harried and Hopeless.

THANK YOU GUYS...LOVE YOU ALL

What I have learned from this thread

Jamie Graham can be off putting.

Jamie Graham is honest

Hennyclucking

Hennyclucking

Hennyclucking

Use Donut as an intermediary if I have a dispute

Hennyclucking

Did not

Did too

Did not

Did too

Hennyclucking

You know which one keeps coming back to me besides the hennyclucking?

"Jamie Graham is honest"

Can I understand Mark's frustration? yes, I can.

Is it worth this thread? (shrug)

I can tell you one thing though. I'd rather deal with a guy who is irrascible but honest than a friendly dishonest guy.

"Jamie Graham is honest" lol

Oh wait... you were serious?

If I may interject a thought here.

On these very boards we have a thread for bad transactions. The grace period that all selected was 30 days before outing a bad transaction. We all realise stuff happens in life and especially when money changes hands.

30 days, and if the transaction cannot be completed then the entire forum is warned by outing the the offending party.

There have been countless cases that were handled well within the 30 days. Those that remained chronic were made public, and rightly so.

I understand the frustration regarding a transaction that did not go the way you planned or expected but did you really try to go the extra mile to see it through? Was it a book that had color touch? Was there an issue with the book that was not disclosed? From what I read, it was a book purchased by you that you later found out you already owned. The fact Jamie was willing to work with you was a very generous offer.

People ask me to pick up stuff from their booth all the time. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I am only reminded when they call me a week or two later or the book arrives in the mail. While you book was important to you, in the grand scheme of things this may have been 1 of 500 things on Jamies mind. Does not make it right that he was not there, but it was not nefarious in nature.

Most of the larger dealers drive with their stock. Many take time off to enjoy the Florida sunshine after a show. There are many reasons that a call has not been returned by Jamie. The workers at the stores are a different story.

If I am to compare apples to apples. Board transaction to customer/dealer transaction I would say you still had 3 weeks left to hammer this out before outing Jamie.

I'm not sure I would hold a guy selling comics in his free time to the same standards as one of the largest retailers in the comic industry. Most of the sellers here on the boards have day jobs that could delay a transaction. I understand Jamie has a day job also, I'm assuming selling comics wouldn't get in the way of his day to day operations.

Even without this current situation, there are more than enough stories out there for people to form their own opinions. Really, most board members would be crucified if they had sold a high dollar trimmed book & proceeded to ignore the buyer for 3 months. Thankfully Donut is around these days to clean up his messes.

Maybe if Mr. I'm too busy/important would get off his butt and deal with things himself Donut wouldn't have to waste his time cleaning up these messes.

On these very boards we have a thread for bad transactions. The grace period that all selected was 30 days before outing a bad transaction. We all realise stuff happens in life and especially when money changes hands.

30 days, and if the transaction cannot be completed then the entire forum is warned by outing the the offending party.

There have been countless cases that were handled well within the 30 days. Those that remained chronic were made public, and rightly so.

I understand the frustration regarding a transaction that did not go the way you planned or expected but did you really try to go the extra mile to see it through? Was it a book that had color touch? Was there an issue with the book that was not disclosed? From what I read, it was a book purchased by you that you later found out you already owned. The fact Jamie was willing to work with you was a very generous offer.

People ask me to pick up stuff from their booth all the time. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I am only reminded when they call me a week or two later or the book arrives in the mail. While you book was important to you, in the grand scheme of things this may have been 1 of 500 things on Jamies mind. Does not make it right that he was not there, but it was not nefarious in nature.

Most of the larger dealers drive with their stock. Many take time off to enjoy the Florida sunshine after a show. There are many reasons that a call has not been returned by Jamie. The workers at the stores are a different story.

If I am to compare apples to apples. Board transaction to customer/dealer transaction I would say you still had 3 weeks left to hammer this out before outing Jamie.

I'm not sure I would hold a guy selling comics in his free time to the same standards as one of the largest retailers in the comic industry. Most of the sellers here on the boards have day jobs that could delay a transaction. I understand Jamie has a day job also, I'm assuming selling comics wouldn't get in the way of his day to day operations.

Even without this current situation, there are more than enough stories out there for people to form their own opinions. Really, most board members would be crucified if they had sold a high dollar trimmed book & proceeded to ignore the buyer for 3 months. Thankfully Donut is around these days to clean up his messes.

Maybe if Mr. I'm too busy/important would get off his butt and deal with things himself Donut wouldn't have to waste his time cleaning up these messes.

You are the kind of guy that likes to blow off his fireworks on the 5th of July, aren't you?

lol

You are the kind of guy that likes to blow off his fireworks on the 5th of July, aren't you?

lol

I have no idea what you mean by that. Perhaps you could remove your lips from Jamie's behind and explain it to me?