• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

This would be a pretty boring place if everyone was in aggreement with every topic. It's also sad that some will think differently of board members that aren't in agreement.

What are you going to do if George already has a JIM 96 and wants to return it?

The point is mute now.

Is the point moot also?

There's always an expression stickler.

I could care less. :baiting:

I could not care less. :gossip:

What are you going to do if George already has a JIM 96 and wants to return it?

The point is mute now.

Is the point moot also?

There's always an expression stickler.

I could care less. :baiting:

WTTB. :hi:

This would be a pretty boring place if everyone was in aggreement with every topic. It's also sad that some will think differently of board members that aren't in agreement.

Well said (thumbs u

Well said (thumbs u

I disagree. :mad:

:insane:

I agree (bolded)

Can you explain what you mean on the second item?

I agree (bolded)

When one board member is in a disagreement with another boardie because they think differently on a topic causing one of them get their panties in a bunch and hold grudge against the other.

I agree (bolded)

When one board member is in a disagreement with another boardie because they think differently on a topic causing one of them get their panties in a bunch and hold grudge against the other.

Thanks...I understood that point. I really meant was comicdonna referencing something specifc or just an overall thought?

I agree completey because I wouldn't want the members to think differently of me because they don't agree with my thread or posts. We can agree to disagree and leave it respectful. It's when it gets hurtful with mockery and teasing that the forum can turn back into school antics....it's when that happens that wears thin on me here.

Skip to the end I'm bored now...

I can't see what else can be said on this topic unless it degenerates along the lines of:

"my comic dealer is better than your comic dealer"...."No way my comic guy takes a bath and can see his own feet"...."Oh you'd better enter him in the Olympics then he sounds like Supr-Dude, and I'd wager that his cape and crown look just darling on him"

Or some such nonsense.

Stop buying back issues from the guy...or continue to buy from him. The world will continue to revolve on it's axis.

Cheers

Are you sure? Ive read its slipping like an inch a year :gossip:

:o:ohnoez:

Well said (thumbs u

lol

Skip to the end I'm bored now...

I can't see what else can be said on this topic unless it degenerates along the lines of:

"my comic dealer is better than your comic dealer"...."No way my comic guy takes a bath and can see his own feet"...."Oh you'd better enter him in the Olympics then he sounds like Supr-Dude, and I'd wager that his cape and crown look just darling on him"

Or some such nonsense.

Stop buying back issues from the guy...or continue to buy from him. The world will continue to revolve on it's axis.

Cheers

Are you sure? Ive read its slipping like an inch a year :gossip:

:o:ohnoez:

I've read that if "you don't use it, you lose it". :ohnoez:

If I may interject a thought here.

On these very boards we have a thread for bad transactions. The grace period that all selected was 30 days before outing a bad transaction. We all realise stuff happens in life and especially when money changes hands.

30 days, and if the transaction cannot be completed then the entire forum is warned by outing the the offending party.

There have been countless cases that were handled well within the 30 days. Those that remained chronic were made public, and rightly so.

I understand the frustration regarding a transaction that did not go the way you planned or expected but did you really try to go the extra mile to see it through? Was it a book that had color touch? Was there an issue with the book that was not disclosed? From what I read, it was a book purchased by you that you later found out you already owned. The fact Jamie was willing to work with you was a very generous offer.

People ask me to pick up stuff from their booth all the time. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I am only reminded when they call me a week or two later or the book arrives in the mail. While you book was important to you, in the grand scheme of things this may have been 1 of 500 things on Jamies mind. Does not make it right that he was not there, but it was not nefarious in nature.

Most of the larger dealers drive with their stock. Many take time off to enjoy the Florida sunshine after a show. There are many reasons that a call has not been returned by Jamie. The workers at the stores are a different story.

If I am to compare apples to apples. Board transaction to customer/dealer transaction I would say you still had 3 weeks left to hammer this out before outing Jamie.

I'm not sure I would hold a guy selling comics in his free time to the same standards as one of the largest retailers in the comic industry. Most of the sellers here on the boards have day jobs that could delay a transaction. I understand Jamie has a day job also, I'm assuming selling comics wouldn't get in the way of his day to day operations.

Even without this current situation, there are more than enough stories out there for people to form their own opinions. Really, most board members would be crucified if they had sold a high dollar trimmed book & proceeded to ignore the buyer for 3 months. Thankfully Donut is around these days to clean up his messes.

Maybe if Mr. I'm too busy/important would get off his butt and deal with things himself Donut wouldn't have to waste his time cleaning up these messes.

You are the kind of guy that likes to blow off his fireworks on the 5th of July, aren't you?

lol

I have no idea what you mean by that. Perhaps you could remove your lips from Jamie's behind and explain it to me?

Super Classy. (thumbs u

I'm not interested in responding in kind. You're welcome.

(thumbs u To you as well. I guess it just bothers me to see people stand behind a guy who has screwed over three people I know personally. I've also witnessed first hand questionable business practices for close to twenty five years by him. (shrug)

Well said (thumbs u

+1 no wait -1... Which side am I on? :eek:

(thumbs u To you as well. I guess it just bothers me to see people stand behind a guy who has screwed over three people I know personally. I've also witnessed first hand questionable business practices for close to twenty five years by him. (shrug)

See, this is potentially useful information. Are you willing to elaborate?

That`s what it is. Some take disagreements way to personal like we are in middle school. If I say I like the color green (money) over your favorite color. It is a disagreement. It`s nothing more, no hidden agenda, just a disagreement. Unfortunately some people can`t see it at that level, they pout, they ignore and then take their comic books home from the schoolyard never to share with their fellow collector again. ;)

I agree completey because I wouldn't want the members to think differently of me because they don't agree .my thread or posts. We can agree to disagree and leave it respectful. It's when it gets hurtful with mockery and teasing that the forum can turn back into school antics....it's when that happens that wears thin on me here.

Because the internet is a very impersonal way of making things very personal. It's just the way it is. Some of us come off very different online than we do in person. However, that matters little because the online persona is the one we see. That's how we identify with each other (unless we meet in person that is). For example, my overall opinion of you goes back to when you first started posting here and that whole Schmell situation. That's probably unfair of me, but unless we were to meet and get to know each other, which is unlikely, I'm sure the opinions would change. Or perhaps they wouldn't. Who knows (shrug)