• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those of you who DIDN'T order OS from 'house...

70 posts in this topic

You have listed 2 books which you consider to be inaccurate.

If I took the trouble, I could list you five hundred more.

As a brief example... Supergear, Superman/Bradman, New Adventure 13, Scribbly 6, Girls Love 84, Fat and Slat Joke Book, Silly Putty Man, House Of Mystery 17, 27, 37, Jackie Gleason 12, all four issues of It's Gametime .......... do I REALLY need to go on ????

As robreact said Ian, some of the books you listed will only have one or two notable sales.

Books that you need for your collection should not be made more expensive in the guide just because you cannot find them.

There will be one significant buzzy #70 sale ever and that will be when someone milks Ian for a copy.

Nonsense.

It was Christine Farrell's last DC to complete her collection.

It was Michelle Nolan's last DC to complete her collection.

It was one of Gary Carters last few as well.

TOO much evidence.

There will be one significant buzzy #70 sale ever and that will be when someone milks Ian for a copy.

Nonsense.

It was Christine Farrell's last DC to complete her collection.

It was Michelle Nolan's last DC to complete her collection.

It was one of Gary Carters last few as well.

TOO much evidence.

The most obvious reason for this book being the last in one for those collectors to finish there runs is that Buzzy is not a popular character or book, i would be suprised if anyone on these boards knew what Buzzy was before you came.

Danny

I wonder if the coinees and cardees do this when their price guide comes out? confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow. 4 whole sales over how many years? That's definitely reams of evidence.

Do you know anyone else who's looking for one? Is there any other collector in the world that has this book on his or her want list that isn't looking to flip it to you for a profit?

Maybe I'm wrong and there's real demand for this book beyond the niche DC completist market you've just outlined but I'm just not buying it.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your quest but because of it your perspective is skewed to the point of being absurd.

The most obvious reason for this book being the last in one for those collectors to finish there runs is that Buzzy is not a popular character or book, i would be suprised if anyone on these boards knew what Buzzy was before you came.

There were 77 issues.

There's only one that's notably rare out of those.

And with that Ian, I'm conceding the point to you. Buzzy #70 is one of the most in-demand books on the planet and should be raised one-hundredfold in the guide. I know I'll never even get you to sniff at my point because of your single-mindedness, so I'm saving us both some grief and letting you walk away knowing that you've convinced me.

thumbsup2.gif

What about TMNT #1 and Cerebus #1?

TMNT #1 - 31/62/93/228/339/450

Cerebus #1 - 33/66/99/248/374/500

I expected better than this.

Ian, come on you've been collecting long enough to know the guide has ALWAYS been WAY OFF!!

Yeah. I agree with Ian but this is nothing new. The guide's been a joke for years. I think I'm finally going to put my money where my mouth is and not buy a copy this year.

And as far as buzzy 70 goes... I'd heard about it for years. It's not as new to people's radar screens as some would seem to think. It was mentioned several times in the old CBMs I think.

And as far as buzzy 70 goes... I'd heard about it for years. It's not as new to people's radar screens as some would seem to think. It was mentioned several times in the old CBMs I think.
I was going to say the same thing. I heard about this way before Ian....but I will always buy the new Overstreet. Still lots of good stuff thumbsup2.gif

The guide's been a joke for years. I think I'm finally going to put my money where my mouth is and not buy a copy this year.

Lets all campaign for someone to put together a DECENT and a truly reflective guide. Teach Overstreet that we won't just settle for any old thrown-together C - R - A - P

I don't think the guide is as bad as you make it out to be Ian. There is still a wealth of good information in there. One example is I'll bet you will find some new contacts by reading the dealers index alone.

Rip

What about TMNT #1 and Cerebus #1?

TMNT #1 - 31/62/93/228/339/450

Cerebus #1 - 33/66/99/248/374/500

Well, talking of examples of books which do have a track record of sales over the past few years which are not accurately portrayed in Overstreet...