• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Vintage Cars

137 posts in this topic

Ive looked at Mecum auctions before. The cars just go for so much friggin' money. I love the muscle car look and history, but for what a quality condition GTO, Camaro, Roadrunner or similar car goes for (from a quality year), I could buy a true sports car. Most muscle cars aren't 100k pieces, but many certainly fetch 20k-50k now. For that, I'd rather buy a sports car. It's a shame though, because I'd really love to own a sweet 71' Camaro or Charger. I just can't bring myself to pay what they are currently going for. :(

Steve, some people might say that for comic books too.

That's for sure. Similar types of industries in many ways.

Ive looked at Mecum auctions before. The cars just go for so much friggin' money. I love the muscle car look and history, but for what a quality condition GTO, Camaro, Roadrunner or similar car goes for (from a quality year), I could buy a true sports car. Most muscle cars aren't 100k pieces, but many certainly fetch 20k-50k now. For that, I'd rather buy a sports car. It's a shame though, because I'd really love to own a sweet 71' Camaro or Charger. I just can't bring myself to pay what they are currently going for. :(

I used to own a 71 440 six pack Superbee/Charger,had a 4 speed pistol grip.The sweetest ride I ever owned.

Not my car in the pic,but this is the color mine was.

c402adc2.jpg

Craigslist is a waste of time. Classic cars are either totally junked out 4 door models with small and grainy enough pictures to get you to waste your time driving out there, and when you get there the tags will always be 20 years expired and the guy will not have a title. Anyone on CL selling anything good and knowing it's good usually tacks $10k to the price they ask elsewhere onto their CL price. I would find the largest muscle car forum with a marketplace and look there. Shipping a car is cheaper than dealing with CL insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, and the variety will surely top what the local 40 mile radius has to offer.

I have a classic car but it's not in presentable condition :blush:

I used to own a 71 440 six pack Superbee/Charger,had a 4 speed pistol grip.The sweetest ride I ever owned.

Not my car in the pic,but this is the color mine was.

c402adc2.jpg

:o Beautiful.

Anything with Superbee attached to it seems to fetch a fortune.

(worship)

Its a Superformance; not original '68.

I was just thinking today, if I sold everything I own and saved hard for like 3 years I think I can buy a replica Lambo. I don't think I have the willpower to not buy for three years though :(

(worship)

I was just thinking today, if I sold everything I own and saved hard for like 3 years I think I can buy a replica Lambo. I don't think I have the willpower to not buy for three years though :(

One or two comics sold outta cover that.

(worship)

One or two comics sold outta cover that.

Not my drek :insane:

I'm a huge fan of rallying and Vauxhall Rally cars in particular and once owned a super rare (only 500 produced) 1983 Vauxhall Nova Sport.

Produced from 1983 in order to homologate for the 1300 cc class of Group A for the British Rally Championship. The Sport had SR suspension, SR engine with twin Weber 40 DCOE carburettors, a bespoke camshaft, close ratio GTE gearbox, and was stripped out of all but the necessary. This gave it a top speed of 112 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 8.9 seconds.

I know the figures don't sound great but in a car the size of a shoe-box it really felt alot faster.

Sold mine back in the 90's and while I made a nice profit it on it, I still regret it nearly every day.

I keep on telling myself that one day I will get my holy grail...the super rare and (super fast) Vauxhall Chevette HS/HSR....it's a 70's rally classic. (worship)

My dream car is a Mustang Shelby GT500 :cloud9:

I have several dream cars.

1. To finish the one I now own,a 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe.

2.A 1971 Plymouth Cuda convertible.(never own one as there is only 8 in existence)

3.A 1932 Ford roadster

4.A 1957 Chevy Bel Air convertible.

5. A 1970 Mustang KR 500 convertible.

My dream car is a Mustang Shelby GT500 :cloud9:

Nice choice...it is a great looking car (thumbs u

There are so many great looking muscle cars out there. I love the Charger and Roadrunner but would go a Chevelle SS (1971-1972).

Chevelle is a great choice..Im looking to get one soon..Ready to work on something else other than my mustang