• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good news for all Fantastic Four Collectors...

71 posts in this topic

sweet sweet book cloud9.gif

Thanks...I am very happy today - now that I have the 49, I have a straight run of FFs from 33 through 162. (33, 34, 37, 51, and 55 are 9.2s, the rest are 9.4+). smile.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif

893whatthe.gif

nice run, congratulations...and I wish they were mine. mad.gif

Well, I feel the intent of this thread has changed. First, it started out why we're FF collectors. Then, it changed into showing off HG copies of FF. If I want to see the latter, start a "Pretty Book of the Day" thread. Thanks.

sleeping.gif

I hope you're kidding..thats an awesome book! 893whatthe.gif

Then, it changed into showing off HG copies of FF. If I want to see the latter, start a "Pretty Book of the Day" thread. Thanks.

So if he posted a VG/F copy of FF # 49 with the idea that it was one of his favorite covers/issues/storylines/whatever, it would be okay?

We all love FFs, whether we collect high grade, mid grade, or low grade...showing off a new purchase (any purchase) shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks to all for replying, i have enjoyed reading all of your helpful information.

I would love to hear more about your FF experiences with Rarity, fave stories, hard to find issues etc.

I have renamed this thread so we could have it to show our recent FF purchases and info etc.

Danny

Ummm.....? I guess I'm missing something.

Well, I feel the intent of this thread has changed. First, it started out why we're FF collectors. Then, it changed into showing off HG copies of FF. If I want to see the latter, start a "Pretty Book of the Day" thread. Thanks.

Ultimatevenom specifically invited people to post recent purchases, so....

STOP HIJACKING THIS THREAD WITH INAPPROPRIATE ANTI-HIJACKING RIGHTEOUSNESS!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.giftongue.gif

I don't have many Fantastic Four comics, but I love the ones I have. When I was a kid I was given a #47 reader copy and have always treasured it. I have two copies of #48 that I'm sending to get CGC graded, so I can't post a grade on them, but I think they are sweet! I also have #60, #67, #72, and #86. I gave away #50 to a friend on his birthday!

I'm sorry for my comment. It must be my time of the month! tongue.gif Seriously, it's a nice book. I guess I hate reading thread upon thread being hijacked and in this case, UV did lay out the groundrules - none of us had posted a book. So I apologize.

Because I saw the errors of my ways, does this make me better than JC? grin.gif

And FF - will you marry me? stooges.gif

Thanks to all for replying, i have enjoyed reading all of your helpful information.

I would love to hear more about your FF experiences with Rarity, fave stories, hard to find issues etc.

I have renamed this thread so we could have it to show our recent FF purchases and info etc.

Danny

Ummm.....? I guess I'm missing something.

And FF - will you marry me? stooges.gif

893whatthe.gif How crass! I know you just want me for my body (and maybe my comics). 893naughty-thumb.gif

Now we are way off-topic... foreheadslap.gif

Now we are way off-topic... foreheadslap.gif

No we're not...this is an "FF General Discussion Thread." Doesn't that mean we talk about me? boo.gif

In attempt to get somewhat back on topic...anybody reading Ultimate Fantastic Four? I'm enjoying that more than any FF issues since Byrne wrote the title in the 80s. I've been thinking for years that it would be nice if Marvel put some FF content out to inspire people to collect the Silver Age issues out of a reason other than nostalgia for buying them off the stands, and I'm wondering whether UFF will fit that bill in some similar way that Ultimate Spider-Man did for Spidey following the clones debacle of the late 90s. I wouldn't be collecting FF if not for Byrne...I wonder if Bendis will bring in back issue interest? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ultimatevenom specifically invited people to post recent purchases, so....

STOP HIJACKING THIS THREAD WITH INAPPROPRIATE ANTI-HIJACKING RIGHTEOUSNESS!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.giftongue.gif

Ok i am here to confirm the general guidelines of this here post.

1. Post whatever you want just so long as it has a connection with FF, scans of books, information you just found out etc.

That will be all.