• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A flip of a coin, and a rare foreign key……

77 posts in this topic

So after watching and reading posts here on the forums about foreign variants. I had been wanting to get into this game for a while now. While searching Ebay one day a Greek Spiderman 252 variant popped up in my search. How cool… first black costume… I want it. Lo and behold I won the damn thing for a dollar! So I get the book and figure it’s a good start for dabbling in this particular niche.

I’m checking out the forums one day and run across Liatons thread about foreigns and post an image of my solitary one. Now I had researched this badboy and found nothing on it. I knew it was Greek but I couldn’t find a cover scan other then the one off eBay. I also couldn’t find any information on it…… I post the book to Liatons thread and am immediately pm’d by Liaton. Well after some discussions I found out Greek Spiderman’s are some of the toughest foreign Spiderman books to find. In fact up until now there was a possibility this book might have never been seen on the forums or possibly any where at all in America. I’m thinking cool….. I respect Liaton greatly but I think im gonna keep it!

I told him I wasn’t interested in selling it but agreed to offer it to him first if and when I decided to sell it. Then Chespirito lights me up and wants the book as well. This book could very well complete his Spiderman 252 foreign variant collection. Now I know Liaton is pursuing this same 252 goal as well….. So it got me thinking, this book could sit here with me after I paid a dollar for it. Or it could sit in one of these amazing foreign collections? I did offer it to Liaton first, but maybe that’s not fair considering the passion both of these guys have for this book.

Nah im not going to sell it im thinking to myself…. Then the trade offers start coming in and I am floored!(worship) Floored about what foreign variants they are willing to part with for this book. So I marinated for a while on this conundrum. I consult my wife and she tells me to keep it, “its too rare” she says…. “You might never have a chance to buy this book again” she says…. Well, I often times dont take my wifes advice! :pullhair:

I really dig the book but this book doesn’t belong to me, it belongs in one of their collections. It belongs with its other foreign brothers and sisters. Fate has used me as a vehicle to completing a collector’s very difficult collecting goal.

Now if and after the deals Ill disclose (if it’s ok with them of course) the books that were offered. I’m stoked to say the least….

This is the plan….

I’m going to let fate decide. I am going to flip a coin and whoever wins the coin toss will get the trade deal for this book.

Liaton and Chespirito can discuss here what side of the coin they want. Then I am going to stream the coin toss live on ustream.com on Saturday night for those interested in watching. I’m sure Liaton500 will be! lol After talking to Chespirito he might not have internet access at that time so im going to record the toss in real time so he knows no shenanigans have taken place.

Anyways, I thought some here might find this an interesting way of doing this….

The book.....

Enaintepman.jpg

Very good of you! (worship)

As much as I like all the mess storms and name calling that goes on here, THIS is what the boards are really about (thumbs u

The Boards are all about making quasi-deals and then choco-railing someone on a coin flip? :o I need to update my spreadsheet.

You could call it a choco railing... but I failed to mention I spoke with Liaton about this and he was fine with it. Both these collectors have passion and respect for each other me thinks.....

This is going to end badly, and I love it. Is it Friday where that book came from?

I agree. WHO did you PROMISE it to FIRST?

+1

No need for a sideshow. (tsk)

... and WTTB.

As much as I like all the mess storms and name calling that goes on here, THIS is what the boards are really about (thumbs u

The Boards are all about making quasi-deals and then choco-railing someone on a coin flip? :o I need to update my spreadsheet.

doh!

I missed that little part about promising it to liaton 1st :blush:

You could call it a choco railing... but I failed to mention I spoke with Liaton about this and he was fine with it. Both these collectors have passion and respect for each other me thinks.....

I call it awesome. This should happen more often.

Why do you have 4,928 different euphemisms for anal sex...?

:shrug:

Because you can't say "buhtphukcing" on here.

Because you can't say "butting" on here.

:popcorn: