• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A flip of a coin, and a rare foreign key……

77 posts in this topic

toss the coin

toss the coin

toss the coin

I'll take the edge even though I don't collect foreign comics. Learning a language to read a funny book is too much effort and I can't just hop on a plane to Greece and ge an interpretor. Are they still working over there anyway and can you get a flight in? I bet there are a bunch of Greek kids scouring their attics as I write this.

Then I am going to stream the coin toss live on ustream.com on Saturday night for those interested in watching.

I'm going to see Harry Potter that night. Can you please move the coin toss as I am sure it will be riveting?

UPDATE:

I am seeing HP in a matinee tomorrow. I still won't be watching the coin flip if it takes place.

Then I am going to stream the coin toss live on ustream.com on Saturday night for those interested in watching.

I'm going to see Harry Potter that night. Can you please move the coin toss as I am sure it will be riveting?

UPDATE:

I am seeing HP in a matinee tomorrow. I still won't be watching the coin flip if it takes place.

I can't be sure since I haven't heard from Matt, but I don't think the coin flip is still happening.

UPDATE:

I can't be sure since I haven't heard from Matt, but I don't think the coin flip is still happening.

Well then I am flipping my own coin. The suspense is killing me.

I will let you guys know who won tomorrow.

Sorry, for the late response but my brother just got back from Afghanistan and my time online has been short the last couple of days. Imagine my surprise when I returned to this thread last night.

Ok, apparently there was a miscommunication between me and Chespirito. My bad, I thought I had explained what my intentions were. From what I can surmise, Chespirito has washed his hands of the whole affair. My intentions were as Liaton stated: Bring some exposure to foreign variants and what some collectors are willing to do to for super rare books through this thread, do a fair thing and allow both parties interested in a grail a chance at owning said book. So, there is no need for a coin flip or any such thing. Liaton now will be the new owner of the book and that’s that…..

I am a little confused as to why some would say the this thread is pointless though? Aren’t threads supposed to initiate discussion? Aren’t threads supposed to contribute new and novel ways to do things? Shouldn’t threads be places where newsworthy subjects about collecting in general are welcomed? I thought the story about two competitive collectors pursing a grail that only exists on a very select few collector’s radar was interesting.

So as far as I am concerned this thread is concluded and I am going to present a challenge. If any of you can find a Greek Spiderman 252 variant please post it here along with your story about how hard or easy it was to find. Offer it to Chespirito if he doesn’t already have one, and maybe…. Just maybe this thread can end on a high note.

Also, thanks Liam and Hector for being great guys! :applause:

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Harry Potter was awesome and I didn't even think about the coin flip while watching it.