• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

3. The problem is at YOUR end, NOT his. YOU need to work it out.

Actually Dan, I think the seller should be doing everything to attempt to work it out. Even if there is nothing he can do the onus is still on him to see that the books arrive safe or the matter is resolved via refund. Patience is always a virtue for both parties, especially with international shipments. But the buyer's responsibility is ordering and paying. The seller's responsibility is delivering.

Man, I miss the good old days when the seller also had the responsibility of ting gold eggs. :preach:

You could consider "collect only"....

Actually Dan, I think the seller should be doing everything to attempt to work it out. Even if there is nothing he can do the onus is still on him to see that the books arrive safe or the matter is resolved via refund. Patience is always a virtue for both parties, especially with international shipments. But the buyer's responsibility is ordering and paying. The seller's responsibility is delivering.

Man, I miss the good old days when the seller also had the responsibility of ting gold eggs. :preach:

How many do you want?

To the OP: For the sake of your mental health you may want to give up trying to out argue your critics on this board. Most of them have tens of thousands of posts. The dictionary-deprived fellow who called you an obscenity (aren't these boards moderated?) has managed to rack up more than 20,000 posts in six years. In other words, these chaps live on this board. They have nothing better to do than to hang out here banging on you for as long as you continue to post.

May as well move on to some more rewarding activity and let them have the last word. Best of luck with your dispute.

How many do you want?

I dunno. I was reading in the other thread about how many tubes of Vagisil came in a pallet. Something along those lines, I guess. hm

To the OP: For the sake of your mental health you may want to give up trying to out argue your critics on this board. Most of them have tens of thousands of posts. The dictionary-deprived fellow who called you an obscenity (aren't these boards moderated?) has managed to rack up more than 20,000 posts in six years. In other words, these chaps live on this board. They have nothing better to do than to hang out here banging on you for as long as you continue to post.

May as well move on to some more rewarding activity and let them have the last word. Best of luck with your dispute.

Oh snap!

How many do you want?

I dunno. I was reading in the other thread about how many tubes of Vagisil came in a pallet. Something along those lines, I guess. hm

I was informed 24 to a case.

Thanks man....you are right....I'm done with this thread .... OVER AND OUT........(thumbs u

I don't get where the disconnect is. USPS tracking says they are in Germany. What can/could Lange's have done? Still waiting for the answer to that one.

Uhhhh.... maybe read my posts in this thread?

lol

Classic.

I'm blocking you, too. You're wayyyy too much of a reactionary , regardless of the validity, or lack thereof, of your claim.

I love your chutzpah, though.

:cloud9:

Geez....now I'm definitely not going to meet my collection-goals.....couldn't you block me conditionally?

are you brasseye?

I had a $300 dollar order going to France last Winter, ended up in Spain, no fault of mine. None the less it took close to three months to get returned to me, this was an Express mail package. We were both on an Island looking at the tracking information, calling the post did nothing other than we are sorry and its still in route. I voluntarily refunded the buyer at around 6 weeks, he was more than patient waiting that long. I said if the package ends up at your house, please pay me back. If it gets back to me, I'll give you first shot if you still want it. In the end, he bought the book from me the second time and the delivery went through without a hitch. Things happen that are out of your control sometimes. You just try to make the best of each situation.

Thanks man....you are right....I'm done with this thread .... OVER AND OUT........(thumbs u

Cool - you and Mark1 can sell books to each other now :thumbsup:

I don't get where the disconnect is. USPS tracking says they are in Germany. What can/could Lange's have done? Still waiting for the answer to that one.

Uhhhh.... maybe read my posts in this thread?

lol

Classic.

I'm blocking you, too. You're wayyyy too much of a reactionary , regardless of the validity, or lack thereof, of your claim.

I love your chutzpah, though.

:cloud9:

May want to look up the meaning of "reactionary" in the dictionary, mate.

lol

Ok, here's the definition:

re·ac·tion·ar·y (r-ksh-nr)

adj.

Characterized by reaction

Let's see...jddwhatever (over)reacted to Zillaf's response. He also has (over)reacted to other people's comments.

Yup, I would say that qualifies him as reactionary. His OVERreaction qualifies him as a reactionary .

You know, words have more than one meaning, sometimes. (thumbs u

What was what you were saying, then...?

To the OP: For the sake of your mental health you may want to give up trying to out argue your critics on this board. Most of them have tens of thousands of posts. The dictionary-deprived fellow who called you an obscenity (aren't these boards moderated?) has managed to rack up more than 20,000 posts in six years.

Oh, really?

REALLY?

You want to challenge ME on vocabulary...?

REALLY?

meh

In other words, these chaps live on this board. They have nothing better to do than to hang out here banging on you for as long as you continue to post.

At least your advice is good, even if your facts aren't.

(thumbs u

PS: These boards ARE moderated. That is why you see the word "*spoon*."

Because you said please..... :)

- He shouldn't have restricted his efforts to resolve the matter to the repeated UNVERIFIED statement that the books were at my post-office, and neglect the fact that I went there multiple times and that I had/have DHL-info stating otherwise (Saulheim/Dorsten are nowhere close to my home).

- He should have given me an opening to resolve the matter in cooperation, with him working on USPS and me working on DHL (as I'm still doing at the moment).

- He shouldn't withhold the information from USPS, which indicates to have, that would lead to the recovery the books.

From the beginning on I've done everything to recover the books (I've bought them, paid for them and want them in my collection). The seller is not doing anything!

1. He can't work with the USPS, as the USPS is telling him the books are in a post office. After he spends an hour on hold with the USPS, he will finally get a person. They will say "what is the tracking number", which he will give, and they will say "Its at the post office in Germany."

2. He had nothing to do with DHL, so he can't work with them.

I have no idea what your last point says - what information did he "withhold". He shipped the books with tracking and confirmation. They were shipped to Germany. German customs/postal authorities lost them. You negged him before the transaction was completed. He told you to go pound sand. You get no books, and are now blocked by a whole bunch of people who used to ship to Germany. I guess you win!

Everything A-OK from the side of the Seller...Your point is clear...package gets lost, Buyer's problem!

Thank you for blocking me and keeping my hobby healthy...

Maybe you should post your Ebay-account here, for the sake of other buyers, so one would know what treatment to expect from you when somethings goes wrong with shipment....

Shipment has to go all the way to the Buyer buddy, and not half-way!

Because you said please..... :)

- He shouldn't have restricted his efforts to resolve the matter to the repeated UNVERIFIED statement that the books were at my post-office, and neglect the fact that I went there multiple times and that I had/have DHL-info stating otherwise (Saulheim/Dorsten are nowhere close to my home).

- He should have given me an opening to resolve the matter in cooperation, with him working on USPS and me working on DHL (as I'm still doing at the moment).

- He shouldn't withhold the information from USPS, which indicates to have, that would lead to the recovery the books.

From the beginning on I've done everything to recover the books (I've bought them, paid for them and want them in my collection). The seller is not doing anything!

1. He can't work with the USPS, as the USPS is telling him the books are in a post office. After he spends an hour on hold with the USPS, he will finally get a person. They will say "what is the tracking number", which he will give, and they will say "Its at the post office in Germany."

2. He had nothing to do with DHL, so he can't work with them.

I have no idea what your last point says - what information did he "withhold". He shipped the books with tracking and confirmation. They were shipped to Germany. German customs/postal authorities lost them. You negged him before the transaction was completed. He told you to go pound sand. You get no books, and are now blocked by a whole bunch of people who used to ship to Germany. I guess you win!

Everything A-OK from the side of the Seller...Your point is clear...package gets lost, Buyer's problem!

Thank you for blocking me and keeping my hobby healthy...

Maybe you should post your Ebay-account here, for the sake of other buyers, so one would know what treatment to expect from you when somethings goes wrong with shipment....

Shipment has to go all the way to the Buyer buddy, and not half-way!

:roflmao:

:idea:

Err, maybe flying-donut????

Sold the first comic book on eBay and all that...

I had a $300 dollar order going to France last Winter, ended up in Spain, no fault of mine. None the less it took close to three months to get returned to me, this was an Express mail package. We were both on an Island looking at the tracking information, calling the post did nothing other than we are sorry and its still in route. I voluntarily refunded the buyer at around 6 weeks, he was more than patient waiting that long. I said if the package ends up at your house, please pay me back. If it gets back to me, I'll give you first shot if you still want it. In the end, he bought the book from me the second time and the delivery went through without a hitch. Things happen that are out of your control sometimes. You just try to make the best of each situation.

How long did it take to ship the 2nd time?

How long did it take to ship the 2nd time?

Normal express mail, under a week. The previous order was a loading error on the post office, which caused the delay and eventual return of the package.

:roflmao:

:idea:

Err, maybe flying-donut????

Sold the first comic book on eBay and all that...

Wasn't it the first CGC book? hm

Dan?

First CGC book. Fantastic Four 1 5.0, February 2000. Carry on. (thumbs u

Just as an aside, I sent a priority mail envelope to Rudi in Bavaria on June 27. He received it July 10.

You're wrong.

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

You're wrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrong.

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

It got here on the 9th. :sumo:

:banana: