• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

Hi there...

I was wondering if any of you has had a negative experience with Ebayer Zillaf4 (Lange's Sport)....

I've bought 9 comics from this guy early June ($150,00)... Although he indicated to ship per First Class Mail, he made me pay for Express Mail.... The package got lost, and he is refusing to refund the books. He keeps on stating that the books are at my post-office....... which, after 10 visits, I can clearly say they are not.....

Just wanted to warn you guys.... following the feedback there have been other shipment-issues in the past.......

(tsk)

Are you able to view the tracking info? I've had on a number of occasions the info state "delivered" or at some other location, but the books can not be located by anyone, only to have them turn up later at some other USPS facility, or on one ocassion even be returned to me 6 weeks later. Not to say that's whats going on, but it possible.

I've never dealt with that seller, but if he's got a hx of shipping probs, might be one to watch out for.

Filing the PP sooner rather then later is always a good idea, if the books turn up you can always drop the claim. Good luck, hope they are found soon.

I've never had a problem dealing with Todd. Have you talked to him directly or have you been dealing with an employee?

I've only dealt with him via e-mail... I think it is him personally...

The German partner of USPS, DHL has indicated twice that the goods have returned to the Seller on the 2nd of June, with stating the reason. I think it has to do with his addressing of the package. From his feedback I understand that there has at least been on similar incident (in which he didn't assume responsibility).

If you are regular customer, maybe you can tell him that this is not the proper way to deal with buyers!!!

Todd can be a bit of a grouch sometimes.

Great, another grouch.

I don't understand how someone will say so and so's a grouch, or so and so's curmudgeon, as it's somehow an excuse for their business practises, or lack there of.

But, I give the seller the benefit of the doubt in this case, as it sounds like they are looking at some tracking info, if claiming it's at your USPS. And, I've never dealt with the seller, so can't say either way.

If you ever get them they will be properly if not undergraded

At least based on the 1oo or so I've boughgt from hiim over the years

Good to know that the comics paid for, but which I will probably never receive, are most likely not overgraded.... I feel much better now..... ;)

I've bought 9 comics from this guy early June ($150,00)... Although he indicated to ship per First Class Mail, he made me pay for Express Mail.... The package got lost, and he is refusing to refund the books. He keeps on stating that the books are at my post-office....... which, after 10 visits, I can clearly say they are not.....

The reason he forced you to pay for Express Mail is for the tracking - there's no tracking whatsoever for First Class mail when sent internationally.

As such, he should also have provided you with a tracking number, so you can look up the status yourself. Did he not do that?

Great, another grouch.

Ha, ha. I love how someone will say so and so's a grouch, or so and so's curmudgeon, as it's somehow an excuse for their business practises, or lack there of.

But, I give the seller the benefit of the doubt in this case, as it sounds like they are looking at some tracking info, if claiming it's at your USPS. And, I've never dealt with the seller, so can't say either way.

The USPS tracking info indicates that there has been an attempted delivery on the 1st of July, at 7:11 AM, although the postmen start working at 8:00 AM.... The corresponding tracking info of DHL tells a different story, stating that the book was in Saulheim on the 2nd of July (which is 4 hours from my home), according to DHL to be returned to the Seller.......as said I presume there is something wrong with the addressing of the shipment... it happened before!

Todd is a fantastic seller who I have dealt with online and in person for many years. He grades accurately and his prices are very reasonable. He is a super guy and I can say nothing wrong about him. It is unfortunate that there was a mix up with your order.

Great, another grouch.

Ha, ha. I love how someone will say so and so's a grouch, or so and so's curmudgeon, as it's somehow an excuse for their business practises, or lack there of.

Calm down, Sparky.

Your comprehension skills are lacking. It was a statement of fact, stated in a commiserating manner, not an excuse of any kind.

Todd is probably the best seller I have dealt with on eBay and the most conservative grader I have met. I bought hundreds of books from him for the last ten years with only the greatest satisfaction. Many of his Fine+ or VF copies came back from CGC as 9.2/9.4/9.6.
I'm not concerned about the grading, scans looked accurate.... it is his shipment, and his way of communicating to resolve the problem....He keeps on stating that the books are at my "Crappy post office", which they are not!