• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

I think the whole Kudos thing is ridiculous.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because a kudos thread is basically folks giving each other pats on the back and thumbs up for packing and sending boxes of comics. No one should have to waste their time giving congratulations for doing something that is so simple. And if anyone is inept enough to screw it up we'll hear about it in general. I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up. I guess I should make up for that now...

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's bought from me - you each did a great job of sending money (thumbs u

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's sold to me - the packages all arrived safe and sound (thumbs u

Boom...done.

The whole kudos thing was started by BronzeBruce as a way of showing appreciation for some boardies with whom he had a number of pleasant transactions. It was just meant to be a good-natured thread for people to post about their transactions with other board members, no different from threads like "this week in your collection".

At some point, it turned into what it is now - namely, a half-functioning feedback system, and yet another thing to be taken both out of context and too seriously.

Perhaps if it were soothed with a little Vagisil. hm

There isn't enough Vagisil in the world to sooth the collective discharge of comics general.

There isn't enough Vagisil in the world to sooth the collective discharge of comics general.

:roflmao:

I think you are absolutely correct!

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because a kudos thread is basically folks giving each other pats on the back and thumbs up for packing and sending boxes of comics. No one should have to waste their time giving congratulations for doing something that is so simple. And if anyone is inept enough to screw it up we'll hear about it in general. I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up. I guess I should make up for that now...

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's bought from me - you each did a great job of sending money (thumbs u

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's sold to me - the packages all arrived safe and sound (thumbs u

Boom...done.

The whole kudos thing was started by BronzeBruce as a way of showing appreciation for some boardies with whom he had a number of pleasant transactions. It was just meant to be a good-natured thread for people to post about their transactions with other board members, no different from threads like "this week in your collection".

At some point, it turned into what it is now - namely, a half-functioning feedback system, and yet another thing to be taken both out of context and too seriously.

It's actually meant for noobs who stroll around these parts and don't know if someone is a rip off artist or not because they don't know them from Adam.

I don't think anyone who is a "known trustworthy person" around these parts has to worry much about their kudos thread.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because it's for kudos only. You can only share the good, not the bad.

For the record, I just read this whole thread from start to finish. :P

I didn't realize you couldn't share negative experiences...or maybe I knew but forgot...or may be I didn't forget, I still know it but forgot that I still know it.

Well, you know, something along those lines.

Unfortunately, that can't be posted in the kudos forum. It should have been set up as a feedback forum, to include both positive and negative feedback.

I agree with this. Would be more valuable that way.

or maybe I knew but forgot...or may be I didn't forget, I still know it but forgot that I still know it.

:/ Woah....., what was the question? I picked a bad week to quit smokin' crack....,

or maybe I knew but forgot...or may be I didn't forget, I still know it but forgot that I still know it.

:/ Woah....., what was the question? I picked a bad week to quit smokin' crack....,

That nothing negative is allowed in the kudos forum.

What ever happened to the kudos thread?

I think it's bumped to the end of the kudos forum...or maybe it was deleted? Don't know exactly. Too busy reading the awesome general threads to check.

lol

It's actually meant for noobs who stroll around these parts and don't know if someone is a rip off artist or not because they don't know them from Adam.

How the heck is a casually strolling noob supposed to know where, or what, a kudos thread is?

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

I think for a new person it can be a valuble tool (if they use it) to get an idea of who's trustworthy. It's a positive version of the probation list (shrug)

I've been around here for years and I think it's pretty useful. There are plenty of sellers I don't know and if they have a book I want, I'll check the Kudos forum to see their track records.

How the heck is a casually strolling noob supposed to know where, or what, a kudos thread is?

Plus, a list of glowing reviews isn't always accurate. I believe someone pointed out that robojo33 has a 100% feedback rating on eBay. So, what does that tell you?

Sellers were supposed to put links of the Kudos thread into their selling threads. If a noob arrives and asks "do you have any references" you can send them a link to the kudos thread.

It's utilitarian that way but it serves it's purpose.

By the way, do you have any references? I want to buy some of your funny books but I hear they are generally read on the toilet before coming to market.

Plus, a list of glowing reviews isn't always accurate. I believe someone pointed out that robojo33 has a 100% feedback rating on eBay. So, what does that tell you?

robojo33 sells more one eBay than on here.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

I think for a new person it can be a valuable tool (if they use it) to get an idea of who's trustworthy. It's a positive version of the probation list (shrug)

I've been around here for years and I think it's pretty useful. There are plenty of sellers I don't know and if they have a book I want, I'll check the Kudos forum to see their track records.

I don't think track record is an accurate description. All you see is a list of accolades, some even self solicited.

robojo33 sells more on eBay than on here.

It means an all positive feedback (kudos) systems is worth its weight in compostable_fertilizer.

It means an all positive feedback (kudos) systems is worth its weight in compostable_fertilizer.

Fer Christ's sake, remind me not to attempt sarcasm in your company again.

Fer Christ's sake, remind me not to attempt sarcasm in your company again.

Do not attempt sarcasm in my company again.