• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

I don't disagree, but there are board members with kudos threads in there I wouldn't buy anything from with your money, let alone my own.

Name names....or this post is worthless....

:sumo:

(and if i'm one of them...so be it)

I'm pretty sure he doesn't buy anything here anyway.

I think the whole Kudos thing is ridiculous.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because a kudos thread is basically folks giving each other pats on the back and thumbs up for packing and sending boxes of comics. No one should have to waste their time giving congratulations for doing something that is so simple. And if anyone is inept enough to screw it up we'll hear about it in general. I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up. I guess I should make up for that now...

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's bought from me - you each did a great job of sending money (thumbs u

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's sold to me - the packages all arrived safe and sound (thumbs u

Boom...done.

Apparently I'm the only one that finds this post both humorous and incredibly ironic (shrug)

Considering how much trouble dealers seem to be having lately doing something so amazingly simple as selling, packing and having comics actually delivered to a buyer, it seems to me that a kudos thread does serve a purpose.

Considering how much trouble dealers seem to be having lately doing something so amazingly simple as selling, packing and having comics actually delivered to a buyer, it seems to me that a kudos thread does serve a purpose.

You mean the one or two dealers that were mentioned on this forum in the past week where in both cases there was some grey area?

doh!

Again, I'm not choosing side but when something goes wrong in a sale, buyers have as much to do with how a transaction plays out as sellers do.

Come on now, stop trying to make everything black and white.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because a kudos thread is basically folks giving each other pats on the back and thumbs up for packing and sending boxes of comics. No one should have to waste their time giving congratulations for doing something that is so simple. And if anyone is inept enough to screw it up we'll hear about it in general. I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up. I guess I should make up for that now...

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's bought from me - you each did a great job of sending money (thumbs u

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's sold to me - the packages all arrived safe and sound (thumbs u

Boom...done.

Apparently I'm the only one that finds this post both humorous and incredibly ironic (shrug)

(thumbs u

Of course it serves a purpose. The people who say they don't use it all have a ton of posts, have been here a long time and probably know who they do biz with or who they don't want to do biz with.

If it were so easy for buyers to pay quickly...or sellers to pack a comic, send it out in a timely manner and have a successful transaction...the probation list and HOS list wouldn't be needed or as active as it is.

I've checked a few sellers I didn't know before sending them my money. It doesn't mean it's a guarantee something won't go wrong but it sure is better than nothing.

Sometimes I think some people here just have to have alternative opinions just to stir the pot

Sometimes I think some people here just have to have alternative opinions just to stir the pot

Some are definitely pot stirrers.

Bedrock is a pot sitter though.

:grin:

I think the kudos threads should be changed to Feedback threads, allowing

negative feedback. Sometimes you can experience a bad transaction that doesn't cross into Probation territory.

That would lead to flame wars and the mods have made it clear that they don't want to be bothered with policing forum sales transactions.

(thumbs u

You mean the one or two dealers that were mentioned on this forum in the past week where in both cases there was some grey area?

doh!

Again, I'm not choosing side but when something goes wrong in a sale, buyers have as much to do with how a transaction plays out as sellers do.

No, I'm not trying to make everything black and white or that the sellers are all 100% at fault. Considering that half of the general section has been threads with problems getting books though lately, it struck me as both VERY humorous and ironic to say how amazingly simple it is to complete a transaction with no problems. That didn't strike you as funny considering what's been going on here all week?!?

And just for the record, in no way shape or form was I trying to imply anything about mrbedrock. He just happened to make the statement that struck me as funny based on all the threads in here this week with problems getting books (thumbs u

doh!

No, I'm not trying to make everything black and white or that the sellers are all 100% at fault. Considering that half of the general section has been threads with problems getting books though lately, it struck me as both VERY humorous and ironic to say how amazingly simple it is to complete a transaction with no problems. That didn't strike you as funny considering what's been going on here all week?!?

Not really. It's just two rough transactions amongst literally 1000's or even 10,000's that go without a hitch every month. I'd call it a drop in the bucket or an anomaly. At Benz we called them "isolated incidences".

lol

The real central theme through both of those threads were that people need patience to work through a problem in a positive way. Something that is sorely lacking these days on every level.

And just for the record, in no way shape or form was I trying to imply anything about mrbedrock. He just happened to make the statement that struck me as funny based on all the threads in here this week with problems getting books (thumbs u

Bedrock is a funny man who happens to be a funny book lover. He was just making a funny.

(thumbs u

Not really. It's just two rough transactions amongst literally 1000's or even 10,000's that go without a hitch every month. I'd call it a drop in the bucket or an anomaly. At Benz we called them "isolated incidences".

lol

The real central theme through both of those threads were that people need patience to work through a problem in a positive way. Something that is sorely lacking these days on every level.

Roy, to your first point...that's an assumption on your part. The way people get reamed here for saying anything negative about a transaction probably deters at least a percentage of people from posting and never say a word on the forum. There has to be deals going down where the buyers and sellers are having issues and it doesn't make it to probation hall and doesn't get publicly stated here.

I knew full well when I posted that thread I would be hung by some here. I even predicted who would come out full force against me. It happens all the time and typically by the same group of people. Ironically, some of the veterans on this forum reached out to me or we PM'd and many agreed with my right to post it and felt I had valid issues.

With that said, the attack group we have here can surely affect some to stay quiet and never let on the transaction was messed up.

Just my 2c

Roy, to your first point...that's an assumption on your part. The way people get reamed here for saying anything negative about a transaction probably deters at least a percentage of people from posting and never say a word on the forum. There has to be deals going down where the buyers and sellers are having issues and it doesn't make it to probation hall and doesn't get publicly stated here.

Mark, I don't think anyone reamed you for saying something negative about a dealer. I think that some people took exception at the way it was posted. Big difference.

There was a contradiction in your story in the time line you laid out (although it was an innocent enough mistake).

Many people believed that posting the story was premature.

Finally, and most importantly most people agree that the deal could have been handled better by the seller.

That's what I took from it.

(shrug)

doh!

lol

Bedrock is a funny man who happens to be a funny book lover. He was just making a funny.

(thumbs u

Well, I can somewhat agree with that but there is a limit to patience. This situation is a little different than marks IMO. An international transaction can be a PITA and when you're 5,000 miles away with a language barrier there's only so much you can do. In marks case, waiting a week to just get a simple phone call was pretty patient in my eyes.

I mean I understand were just talking about funny books and not life or death situations BUT were also talking money here really. In this economy(or any economy for that matter!) most people think we are out of our minds to be spending hard earned cash for comic books. If I'm spending my hard earned cash, I expect a certain level of respect and professionalism. I'm not saying a dealer has to kiss my and massage my prostrate day and night because I'm spending some money with him(although it would be nice :grin:) but cmon a phone call? In a whole week? That's just not showing someone respect in my eyes and is unacceptable.

I'll be patient as hell if you just call me and explain what's going on or you're busy, anything,just keep me informed. My patience is very short just to hear from someone though, a few days at the absolute most. Ive bought from a lot of people on here and I don't think one of them would say I'm needy, a PITA buyer or problem selling to whatsoever. In my eyes, contacting someone is just basic respect though and I'm not going to wait or be patient very long at all to get that.

Well, I can somewhat agree with that but there is a limit to patience. This situation is a little different than marks IMO. An international transaction can be a PITA and when you're 5,000 miles away with a language barrier there's only so much you can do. In marks case, waiting a week to just get a simple phone call was pretty patient in my eyes.

As far as international deals go, I think they need even more patience. I agree that a week is a long time to wait for a phone call.

My web developer is terrible at returning communication and it's frustrating.

In my eyes, contacting someone is just basic respect though and I'm not going to wait or be patient very long at all to get that.

Agreed. Just a little email or phone message goes a long way to alleviating someone's fears.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because it's for kudos only. You can only share the good, not the bad.

For the record, I just read this whole thread from start to finish. :P

Speaking as a new member, I use the kudos thread to try to build credibility with all the sellers here. I'm trying to establish the fact that I can be depended upon to pay for what I want to those not familiar with me. When the day comes that I can be trusted by all of you the way you all trust each other, then I will probably stop using it also. Just my 2c

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because it's for kudos only. You can only share the good, not the bad.

For the record, I just read this whole thread from start to finish. :P

Speaking as a new member, I use the kudos thread to try to build credibility with all the sellers here. I'm trying to establish the fact that I can be depended upon to pay for what I want to those not familiar with me. When the day comes that I can be trusted by all of you the way you all trust each other, then I will probably stop using it also. Just my 2c

pretty much sums up the only reason it's here.

Strictly looking at his feedback rating, and even subtracting the recent transaction with the OP, he still has had, in the past 12 months, 13 neutral & 11 negative ratings. Even with the high volume of sales they're doing, that seems like an aweful lot to me. It's enought to suggest they need to look at why they keep getting those marks, and make some adjustment.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Mark, I don't think anyone reamed you for saying something negative about a dealer. I think that some people took exception at the way it was posted. Big difference.

There was a contradiction in your story in the time line you laid out (although it was an innocent enough mistake).

Many people believed that posting the story was premature.

Finally, and most importantly most people agree that the deal could have been handled better by the seller.

That's what I took from it.

(shrug)

I think that is a fair assessment.

Perhaps some of the reaming was because my timeline seemed messed up and I agree I could have made it more clear. It was an honest mistake in the way I described it...it seemed clear in my mind. lol I still expected and got heat for it which seemed to occur regardless of my timeline....some here don't like seeing anything negative about their friends or acquaintances. Makes sense so...

Without going back to my thread specifically....do you see my point about how some would be reluctant to ever say anything here to avoid the onslaught?

As far as international deals go, I think they need even more patience. I agree that a week is a long time to wait for a phone call.

My web developer is terrible at returning communication and it's frustrating.

In my eyes, contacting someone is just basic respect though and I'm not going to wait or be patient very long at all to get that.

Agreed. Just a little email or phone message goes a long way to alleviating someone's fears.

Thanks and ultimately that was all I was saying (maybe not clearly enough for some). I'm a reasonable person and not a needy buyer I think based on lots of deals gone right. If I can wait over 2 months to get comics graded...I'm not needy. But even CGC takes calls and will talk to you just to ease your mind if you feel the need to call. Just a little service goes a long way.

If someone called me and just said...we're really busy but I promise someone will get back to you soon...i'd be cool with it. I've done deals here where my books didn't ship and the seller just sends an email telling me an update (got busy with work...kid is sick, have to travel, buying a new home). It's all it takes to keep someone satisfied. Glad we agree on that. :acclaim: