• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale's Comic Fanzine Price Guide

54 posts in this topic

I pre-ordered it. I don't have a lot of experience collecting fanzines, but I thought--like the Photo-Journals--that this would expose me to some new stuff to collect. I'll be happy to post my thoughts when I get it.

I was just going through the SDCC program guide and noticed that a number of the founders of comic fandom will be in attendance and featured at a variety of panels. Anyone at the show with an interest in this sort of thing might want to check it out. The Lupoffs will be in attendance, I don't recall them being at this show before so that might prove interesting.

Well, according to the publisher's website, they had set up at the Pittsburg Comic Con and the guide was solicited through Diamond in April. There's a chance they may be at other cons during the season, but who knows (shrug)

I didn't see the fanzine price guide at the con. I did go to two panels, the first an interview with Bill Schelly. That was interesting and he shared his experiences on putting together his books. Nice guy and a real unassuming personality.

The second interview was with some of the founding members of fandom including, Maggie Thompson, Pat and Lupoff, Bill Schelly, Roy Thomas, Richard Kyle and Jean Bails (Jerry's wife.) This was a fascinating panel with many stories from the early days of fandom.

I brought a copy of the Comic Book Book and had Maggie Thompson and the Lupoff's sign it. Sorry no pictures although I did assist with manning the video camera for a bit!! Wonder where all those videos go anyway?

The second interview was with some of the founding members of fandom including, Maggie Thompson, Pat and Lupoff, Bill Schelly, Roy Thomas, Richard Kyle and Jean Bails (Jerry's wife.) This was a fascinating panel with many stories from the early days of fandom.

Sounds like a great panel. I hope the video shows up on youtube or something.