• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detroit Fanfare September 2011

62 posts in this topic

Waiting for my red-eye flight at lax. Sitting next to Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Emily Blunt in the AA Admiral's Club...

Emily is easy on the eyes and her accent is hot.

:luhv:

See you guys in the morning.

Tell Emily that the Black Hand wants to say hi.

lol

Waiting for my red-eye flight at lax. Sitting next to Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Emily Blunt in the AA Admiral's Club...

Emily is easy on the eyes and her accent is hot.

:luhv:

See you guys in the morning.

Punch Seth Rogan in the face for me. Just because :wishluck:

i had such a good time at last year's show that the new environs were sort of a let down. i'd rather they move it back to the dearborn hyatt. i just didnt need to pay $25 for drab, poorly lit, extra-spacious aisles. give me carpeted floors, crammed aisles, and that late 1980's chicago comicon feel. 2c

here's the wings i picked up from north coast. i got a cool 6x6 ramona fradon sketch too.

115863.jpg.c2c47c684b5060eb59de333a551c830b.jpg

115864.jpg.c32f93f288a13286cd6e16a967dc9ed8.jpg

115865.jpg.5bc8579a2d43844c61979d6d42fcfa2f.jpg

115866.jpg.168fe6b991ee559843668446a17291f5.jpg

115867.jpg.99ee651fa6eeda4acb2033b305367229.jpg

If anyone can post some info and pictures from today that would be awesome. I'm stuck working tonight, but I'll head that way tomorrow after I get out.

Tons of terrific inventory in the room. Dave Kapelka, Leonard of Nostalgia Ink and a few other dealers all had terrific books to go through.

I went there with the expectation of coming home after a couple of hours, ended up staying the entire day and bin digging.

Good fun!

The room was huge, maybe a little too large which made it seem sparsely populated but I thought the lighting in the room was the best of any show I'd been to this year, lol!

They had 20% lighting on last night which was ridiculously dark so when I asked the organizers to bump the lighting up just a touch they went to 50% lighting and it was comparable to most shows.

Anyhow, not sure how most dealers did as I am sure that downtown Detroit was a bit of a turn off for some people to travel to but I'm glad I went.

(thumbs u

Great to hear guys, looking forward to coming out tomorrow! Gonna be a long day for me lol just found out that a good friend of ours got us tickets for the wings game that starts around the time the con ends lol. If I can stay awake id like to go lol. Looking forward to hitting up hotflips for some stuff and seeing if I can find some of you guys so I can say hi in person.

I'll be wearing an OD green hoddie with the USMC eagle, globe,and ancher on the front. So if ya see me stop me and say hi.