• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Considering a resub... PGM : HOS 92

42 posts in this topic

Back cover is what will get you. A few spine ticks on the front. Bent top corner on the back and bend on the bottom back. Hard to tell but is there a small spine split on the bottom of the cover?

I would think 7.0 to 7.5 based on the scan. Maybe consider a press if you are into that sort of thing.

What did it get and what were you expecting?

I'll take a look at the spine... didn't see that. What else are you seeing on the BC?

This was a book that was purchased from a dealer a little while back.

I'll post the label in a bit.

What would the inside covers look like?

The scan "suggests" a darkness on the edges. If I was to pick this off of a shelf at a con, I'd be looking to see if there is any tanning inside.

Nice eyes zuulioso...

There is a 1/16" split at the bottom.

sshos92.jpg

In hand the tanning on the BC isn't that noticeable.

I bought the book slabbed so I wasn't able to inspect the interior.

I'll call them on Monday. :)

Can't press out a split but you will probably take care of the back corner and bottom edge bend. I would think that takes it up at least a half grade. Don't know if the split keeps it from a 7.0 but personally I wouldn't re-sub on this book unless you can swing the 8.0 and I don't think you get there unfortunately. Just my opinion of course.

I would still check on the CGC notes. If that spine split is the only real defect besides what we see, that should gain enough with pressing to be worth it. What is the value of the 6.0 versus 7.0 range? That is important also.

I agree with Nick, minus the spine split it looks like a VFNM.

It is a very nice looking fine. I would only re-sub if you intent firstly to press this book, which would raise it to the 7.0-7.5 area. I don't know enough about this one to say if it is worthwhile.

I won't be pressing it, so I think I'll just keep it as is.

And just doing a straight resub would most likely get the same result... possibly a .5 upgrade but then the PQ may take a hit.